Bullnose Forums

'81 flareside 4x4 project

nmchuck

well at first glance the pivots are in the correct point for 4". you have the correct 4" lift springs. being that you have the anti-sway bar then you should have the correct spring seats yet there were some which had a flat sway bar bracket that mounted between the seat and the traction beam. if so then it is possible to have the incorrect spring seat which will do exactly this. just something to check.

BB9EF8C6-BFA6-40C5-8266-8FB76FE9F23F.jpeg.10636039e638262baa45d62c0f580a7c.jpegFC05FE44-F9D0-4C95-9D90-12E1F412EFDA.jpeg.0cac438b7ebc6cdf1d12230129b68f0b.jpeg

Here are close up pics of the sway bar and spring perches. Everything looks correct to me, but then I really don’t know what they are supposed to look like…:(

The other photo shows the fender opening height. This truck is on 305 70 16 (33”) tires. Is this what is expected with a 4” lift?

Thanks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are close up pics of the sway bar and spring perches. Everything looks correct to me, but then I really don’t know what they are supposed to look like…:(

The other photo shows the fender opening height. This truck is on 305 70 16 (33”) tires. Is this what is expected with a 4” lift?

Thanks

818B7903-527B-45D6-BA82-AF01F52501A6.jpeg.07a8680db9c9d4c794a4b68870912be2.jpeg

Third picture mentioned above.

Thanks

this looks a little odd to me. it almost looks as if the installer stacked two spring seats on top of each other. I hope someone with one of these truck without the lift kit will have a pic to compare or possibly even a diagram. if this is what happened it will definitely cause this issue.

this looks a little odd to me. it almost looks as if the installer stacked two spring seats on top of each other. I hope someone with one of these truck without the lift kit will have a pic to compare or possibly even a diagram. if this is what happened it will definitely cause this issue.

That's a great suggestion Mat, I'll look through the documentation section. Funny how the obvious escapes me sometimes!

Thanks

Based on this diagram maybe I have the snowplow option?

actually, look more closely. part number 5a307 is the spring seat that you should have yet it looks as if you have two in the pictures of your truck. try to get an even better close up of these parts if you can. another concern that comes to mind is the duplex bolt that screws into the ttb housing can only be so long before it interferes with the axle itself. therefore, if two spring seats are actually in place then that bolt may or may not be in its proper position. meaning it may be tight but only on a couple threads, waiting for the right pothole to break out and believe me, you don't want that! especially lifted!!!!!

That upper block is not a factory F150 piece...that's a lift spacer, home made or aftermarket.

I wish the sway bar page I posted above and this one were combined. Part 5A307 are on both, and I do believe Mat and Rembrant may have this correct!dual-shock-b.thumb.jpeg.3f1174d1b1c799188a6b34a4f87a44ef.jpeg

that is exactly the part I'm referring to. this can really throw off the camber by making it very positive.

look closely in the last diagram posted. part number ww-98-hm is a duplex bolt that threads through the front shock mount then the radius arm into the ttb housing. the threads are only about 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" long and it goes under the spring seat. my concern is why do I see so much of the top of this bolt if it is not an aftermarket piece or installed incorrectly. I fear that it may be installed holding the original spring seat also which weakens it tremendously by holding only on the end of the threads.