Bullnose Forums

A Week Long Restoration turning into a Summer Time Adventure! 86 XLT Lariat Explorer

Sure! When I get back to work (Kiddies are off for summer vacation) I will be happy to! If you like, and you want to IM me your VIN, I can get the vehicle info for your truck. It shows a massive amount of information, but.......pretty much all the info on the PTS site is available on the build sheet I found under the carpet in my truck. The big difference is that instead of just getting the codes, you actually get it all printed out for a person who does not know the codes to be able to decipher.

One thing that really bums me out is the lack of generic repair information that they post on PTS for a truck this old. I was only lucky to have access to the OE repair manual that we had in our archives. You should see this thing! You go to the electrical section, and the wiring diagrams fold out into a huge sheet for every variant of these trucks. I don't know what I would have done without it! It has been so long since I have had to look at one of these things (the paper manual) that I almost forgot how to use it! LOL!!!!

Jake,

Does this dealership PTS site gives the following original specs, from the VIN:

•GVWR

•GAWR Front

•GAWR Rear

•Reserve weights (F0000/R0000)

•Spring codes (after the TRANS code)

•Tire, wheel and tire pressure information

Need these infos to enable Marti creating a replacement VCL door label for Big Brother.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake,

Does this dealership PTS site gives the following original specs, from the VIN:

•GVWR

•GAWR Front

•GAWR Rear

•Reserve weights (F0000/R0000)

•Spring codes (after the TRANS code)

•Tire, wheel and tire pressure information

Need these infos to enable Marti creating a replacement VCL door label for Big Brother.

Jeff, you reference getting a new door label from Marti. I have all the original info from Darth's label. but it went with the original dented/rusted LF door. How does one go about doing this?

Thanks,

Bill

Jeff, you reference getting a new door label from Marti. I have all the original info from Darth's label. but it went with the original dented/rusted LF door. How does one go about doing this?

Thanks,

Bill

Well, Bill, getting a new label is more complicated than I expected.

Don't want to hijack this Jake's thread, so I will post a new thread about the VCL reproduction issue.