Bullnose Forums

Same day, new problem.

They did not. They are square. Just like the ignition. I'll have to but a marker ring around it.

that is the same problem that i have run into. I took the door keys and had a lock shop cut a pair with the round heads. they looked at me funny, but the old guy got it. they are blank number h50 and h51 and somehow the replacement parts co. did not get the memo.

that is the same problem that i have run into. I took the door keys and had a lock shop cut a pair with the round heads. they looked at me funny, but the old guy got it. they are blank number h50 and h51 and somehow the replacement parts co. did not get the memo.

Don't the cylinders have opposite profiles?

You can't fit an oval head key in the ignition and you can't fit a square head into the door until Ford started using a square key for door cylinders in the Aeronose around 1990.

I know I deliberately bought later cylinders so I could use one key for everything when my ignition finally wore out.

You can't fit an oval head key in the ignition and you can't fit a square head into the door until Ford started using a square key for door cylinders in the Aeronose around 1990.

I know I deliberately bought later cylinders so I could use one key for everything when my ignition finally wore out.

My 80 F100 had 1 key for everything. Square head. Can't confirm it was original to the truck but it is a genuine Ford key and not an aftermarket.

My 86 did.

My Bronco has two keys, one for the doors and ignition and one for the rear window. Don’t know why they couldn’t key them the same.

My 80 F100 had 1 key for everything. Square head. Can't confirm it was original to the truck but it is a genuine Ford key and not an aftermarket.

I would love to find a full set of ignition/door locks that only use one key. not familiar with that ever being available before they went to the h54 (longer) key in the 92-body style which uses a different ignition cylinder altogether. different column.