Bullnose Forums

Power Steering Pressure Line Leak

A crowsfoot wrench should get it tight. (a flare style crowsfoot is preferable)

I find I need a longer handle ratchet to really get those lines seated. YMMV...

You won't strip the cast iron steering box before the flared line conforms.

and remember, "overtighten it easy":nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

• 2 weeks later...

and remember, "overtighten it easy":nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Since my last post I bought a traditional open-ended crowfoot that I could use with my ratchet, and that turned the fitting a bit but I could tell it was going to round the fitting off if I pulled on it more. It did reduce the leak though, so I knew I was on the right track.

So, I went on eBay and bought a 3/8" drive 1/2" flare crowfoot wrench. Got it in the mail today and hooked it up to my ratchet. I gave it a good pull (but not crazy), and the fitting turned about 1/8 of a turn almost all at once. It almost felt like it "slipped into place" and then seated where it belonged. :nabble_smiley_good:

I fired the truck up and no more leak! That fitting needs more oomph than any other I've dealt with so far (I know suspension is like that as well, etc)!

Now back to getting started on my brakes soon hopefully.

Since my last post I bought a traditional open-ended crowfoot that I could use with my ratchet, and that turned the fitting a bit but I could tell it was going to round the fitting off if I pulled on it more. It did reduce the leak though, so I knew I was on the right track.

So, I went on eBay and bought a 3/8" drive 1/2" flare crowfoot wrench. Got it in the mail today and hooked it up to my ratchet. I gave it a good pull (but not crazy), and the fitting turned about 1/8 of a turn almost all at once. It almost felt like it "slipped into place" and then seated where it belonged. :nabble_smiley_good:

I fired the truck up and no more leak! That fitting needs more oomph than any other I've dealt with so far (I know suspension is like that as well, etc)!

Yippee!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

That's great news Chris. :nabble_smiley_good:

I hope the brakes are easier.