Bullnose Forums

OE Radio/Stereo update to include USB/Aux ports

Removed the dash to get a better look at the wiring and I found this. Not sure why it was there or what’s it’s for?? But it’s hot/12 volts at ignition.

Any clue what this is for or what it may connect to, I don’t see anything.

Another mystery …this bronco has more loose wires then Biden/Harris together!

I started checking those colors and jumped to the conclusion that you found the headlight switch connector. But then I looked at one of mine and it isn't that one. However, several of those wires are also in the headlight connector. If I have the colors right, the R/Y is headlights, the Bk/Pk is courtesty/dome lights, and the Br is exterior lamps.

Can you tell me what all of the colors are, inc any traces or dots?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started checking those colors and jumped to the conclusion that you found the headlight switch connector. But then I looked at one of mine and it isn't that one. However, several of those wires are also in the headlight connector. If I have the colors right, the R/Y is headlights, the Bk/Pk is courtesty/dome lights, and the Br is exterior lamps.

Can you tell me what all of the colors are, inc any traces or dots?

In the 6th post you can see where the PO cut and spliced the newer head unit connector into the old harness.

So I would say the old connectors are long gone.

I would be looking at the wire colors on the cab side of that bunch of butt splices.

Removed the dash to get a better look at the wiring and I found this. Not sure why it was there or what’s it’s for?? But it’s hot/12 volts at ignition.

Any clue what this is for or what it may connect to, I don’t see anything.

Another mystery …this bronco has more loose wires then Biden/Harris together!

I think that 7 pin plug goes to your buzzer. Some of the connections are for the seatbelt and some are for headlamps. I'm pretty sure I unplugged mine.

I think that 7 pin plug goes to your buzzer. Some of the connections are for the seatbelt and some are for headlamps. I'm pretty sure I unplugged mine.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! It looks like that is C240 for the Ignition Key/Seat Belt/Headlamps "On" warning buzzer.

8400070.thumb.jpg.16698e32748d581538537b5b3c7a1271.jpg