Bullnose Forums

87 460 Carb'ed Towing Build

Frame rails aren't straight.

That seems like a bed delete pickup more than a C&C.

F382... Cab chassis not Chassis Cab

There never was a 133" wb C&C, but that's a standard pickup wheelbase.

Explains the Sterling rear and Budd adapters.

You can tell by the width of the rear springs and the distance across the frame rails as well.

Chassis cab were 137 and 161" WB.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can tell by the width of the rear springs and the distance across the frame rails as well.

Chassis cab were 137 and 161" WB.

Yeah not sure exactly what it is other than my Papaw's truck :nabble_anim_confused:

Makes it even more fun looking up parts, but I've been able to figure most of it out so far.

Ready to get it done so I can drive it again. I learned to drive a manual on this rig and hauled many rolls of hay during the winter.

I'm going to try and do a leak down tonight to see what I have.

Yeah not sure exactly what it is other than my Papaw's truck :nabble_anim_confused:

Makes it even more fun looking up parts, but I've been able to figure most of it out so far.

Ready to get it done so I can drive it again. I learned to drive a manual on this rig and hauled many rolls of hay during the winter.

I'm going to try and do a leak down tonight to see what I have.

I hope the test goes well and you don’t have to rebuild it. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the test goes well and you don’t have to rebuild it. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

I've decided if I'm going to pull it, I'm going to rebuild it. I know some guys that have restored some cars and recommended a local machine shop that comes with great reviews.

I'm going to reach out to them next week.

Here is my question for you all, what should I do to get a little more power out of this rig? Not looking to snap driveshafts, just looking for daily dependable power.

I read about using EFI pistons that have a smaller dish and can bump compression up slightly. I know about straight up timing set as well.

Is there a cam you guys can recommend that will be a "rv" cam like performance? Just looking for torque mostly.

I would take dependable over higher power in this scenario.

I've decided if I'm going to pull it, I'm going to rebuild it. I know some guys that have restored some cars and recommended a local machine shop that comes with great reviews.

I'm going to reach out to them next week.

Here is my question for you all, what should I do to get a little more power out of this rig? Not looking to snap driveshafts, just looking for daily dependable power.

I read about using EFI pistons that have a smaller dish and can bump compression up slightly. I know about straight up timing set as well.

Is there a cam you guys can recommend that will be a "rv" cam like performance? Just looking for torque mostly.

I would take dependable over higher power in this scenario.

I'd recommend talking to Scotty to see what his price would be on either a short or long block. I'm happy with my engine from him. I doubt it was any more expensive than it would have been from a local shop, and it was done w/o hassle or issue - like all of my experiences have been with local shops.

I'd recommend talking to Scotty to see what his price would be on either a short or long block. I'm happy with my engine from him. I doubt it was any more expensive than it would have been from a local shop, and it was done w/o hassle or issue - like all of my experiences have been with local shops.

I have gotten a quote on the "kit" from Scotty which includes the heads and basically everything but the short block, it is still an option, but I'm going to see what I have local as well.

Scotty isn't out of the question. I'm trading emails with him and waiting on a response to a few of my questions.

Question for you Gary, what are you running for headers?

I have gotten a quote on the "kit" from Scotty which includes the heads and basically everything but the short block, it is still an option, but I'm going to see what I have local as well.

Scotty isn't out of the question. I'm trading emails with him and waiting on a response to a few of my questions.

Question for you Gary, what are you running for headers?

I'm running L&L long tubes. But I had to trim the frame 1/4" to get them to fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it is just money. And when you are talking about engines, there's a lot of money involved. :nabble_smiley_oh:

So, I spoke to Scotty yesterday.

I've got a top end kit on order and I'll be buying an engine kit from him after I get to my local shop for block machining.

Aluminum heads, cam, intake, timing chain.

This is a 425 hp towing combo, 9.1 compression... Should be good to go!

Time to keep chipping away.