Bullnose Forums

Wasp nests in dash vents, partial obstruction

The vents are fairly easy to get out. There's a tab on them that snaps into the duct, so with a small screwdriver and a light you should be able to raise the tab slightly and slide that side out. Then do the other side.

But those tabs are old and can be brittle. DAHIK. So be careful.

The vents are fairly easy to get out. There's a tab on them that snaps into the duct, so with a small screwdriver and a light you should be able to raise the tab slightly and slide that side out. Then do the other side.

But those tabs are old and can be brittle. DAHIK. So be careful.

AC or NON-AC system?

You may want to pull the blower motor / fan and clean out the crap that is in there and anything that may be on / near the resister (fire starter).

I found a lot of junk in there and it can be blocking the cores and keeping the air from flowing.

I cant see the dobbers building up that much mudd to block air flow in the ducts & vents.

Dave ----

AC or NON-AC system?

You may want to pull the blower motor / fan and clean out the crap that is in there and anything that may be on / near the resister (fire starter).

I found a lot of junk in there and it can be blocking the cores and keeping the air from flowing.

I cant see the dobbers building up that much mudd to block air flow in the ducts & vents.

Dave ----

We've already had the resistor fire. Now he has a clean cowl cavity and a Bricky cowl cover. I used to just tape off the Bully grill before we finally found a good Bricky donor at the junkyard.

We can actually see mud dauber nests just a couple inches in from the outlet. Yep it's AC, and with a recent recharge this old Bully is one of our coolest trucks to drive, as long as engine revs are off idle.