Bullnose Forums

Jerry’s 86

Jerry Slagle

Hey good morning y’all!! I know it’s been awhile but I have managed to move forward some. After retirement our motorcycle riding and camping seem to be taking precedent over this truck. The body work and primer is complete on the front half, now on to the bed. I cracked the windshield removing the trim so I just took all the glass out and set it aside for now.

Hey y’all good Saturday morning. Just a few more pics to show you I haven’t completely vanished. So my first paint job is complete. I guess it’s not to bad for a first timer. On to the interior before doors. Replacing the vinyl flooring and man what a miserable job that is. I couldn’t get it to lay down for nothing. Can’t afford a reupholstered seat so it’s gonna be a cover for now.

Had a small setback with an oil pan leak so that had to be replaced.

Small steps but still making progress.

76AF819F-A853-4BB4-B8DA-C2A30795B5FE.jpeg.1e88f2ff47ad995dab3c0f93f067b42e.jpeg

178A5A68-5045-4186-8918-7425FD4B39F3.jpeg.7ad47dadbf22865783d90f16566913f0.jpeg

B5004B23-B5D6-4673-8024-CF513E1023B1.jpeg.a976491318f074d46c8a81336711b991.jpeg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey y’all good Saturday morning. Just a few more pics to show you I haven’t completely vanished. So my first paint job is complete. I guess it’s not to bad for a first timer. On to the interior before doors. Replacing the vinyl flooring and man what a miserable job that is. I couldn’t get it to lay down for nothing. Can’t afford a reupholstered seat so it’s gonna be a cover for now.

Had a small setback with an oil pan leak so that had to be replaced.

Small steps but still making progress.

It's looking good, Jerry! :nabble_smiley_good:

And the saddle blanket is tidy. :nabble_smiley_cool:

At least the drivers side of the seat isn't all broken down. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I hear you on the floor mat. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Just when you think you have it as far forward as it can get it needs more.

I lucked out and bought a thinner mat from Mexico on eBay that had a cutout for the high beam switch.

That helped me a lot in locating it.

Thanks for stopping back to show your progress.

It's looking good, Jerry! :nabble_smiley_good:

And the saddle blanket is tidy. :nabble_smiley_cool:

At least the drivers side of the seat isn't all broken down. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I hear you on the floor mat. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Just when you think you have it as far forward as it can get it needs more.

I lucked out and bought a thinner mat from Mexico on eBay that had a cutout for the high beam switch.

That helped me a lot in locating it.

Thanks for stopping back to show your progress.

Thanks,

It’s actually a 2 piece cover so that made it easier to install and lay down. The seat is in descent shape but I actually laid a piece of double bubble under the cover to smooth it out.

Looks like I got the seat picture sideways again. I swear!!

Hey is there a way to post the latest without it going to the last page?? Not sure if I’m doing this right or not.

Thanks,

It’s actually a 2 piece cover so that made it easier to install and lay down. The seat is in descent shape but I actually laid a piece of double bubble under the cover to smooth it out.

Looks like I got the seat picture sideways again. I swear!!

Hey is there a way to post the latest without it going to the last page?? Not sure if I’m doing this right or not.

Ha! I had to lay a sheet of cardboard over my springs because they had cut deep into the foam. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

No, I'm afraid there's no way to add a post to a topic without replying to someone. (If that's what you mean)

And new posts are always going to be added in chronological order.

That's just the way this forum software is set up.

You can go back and edit one of your earlier posts though.

Just click "more" and then "edit" at the upper right of the post you wish to change.

Ha! I had to lay a sheet of cardboard over my springs because they had cut deep into the foam. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

No, I'm afraid there's no way to add a post to a topic without replying to someone. (If that's what you mean)

Just click "more" and then "edit" at the upper right of the post you wish to change.

We’ll what do you know, I was actually doing something right!!

Thanks again!

Hey one more quick question. The front drive shaft had been removed and I don’t know which way the boot faces. Is it closer to the transfer case??

Hey one more quick question. The front drive shaft had been removed and I don’t know which way the boot faces. Is it closer to the transfer case??

In every case that I have seen, but I'm no expert on your 150 truck...

Edit: sorry I don't see any illustration of front driveshafts in the Driveline section of the Documentation (that's not to say there isn't one on site!)