Bullnose Forums

Jolene - 1983 F-150 Rescue

wasteland_jack

inside the tank, the fuel pickup has a cylindrical screen on the end to screen out physical debris (it came that way, but they don't all live forty years). adding an inline filter before the pump real close can save the pump but it may need changing a lot. it is harder for the diaphragm pump to pull through a filter than it is for it to push through one, but debris can damage the pump so it's not a bad idea. just use a large of a filter as possible. this should not be necessary after the new tank and pickup go in. yet a clean filter should not be an issue. the tiny filter at the carb is just a last chance to keep fine particles out of the carb as all orifices inside can get clogged extremely easily. if you have had any issues with rust particles clogging up things then it's likely that you may have a perforated pickup tube and it is sucking fumes rather than liquid at some levels/angles. weak draw is weak delivery.

20240419_204928.thumb.jpg.ec598c6ad2add6244c3667e3748f612c.jpg

Can anyone point me to a good truck for sale in the Portland area? Mine's a little worse for wear.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20240419_204928.jpg.6c5a5e0e94e6be410520fe856859e9b7.jpg

Can anyone point me to a good truck for sale in the Portland area? Mine's a little worse for wear.

20240419_204928.jpg.6c5a5e0e94e6be410520fe856859e9b7.jpg

Holy smokes!

Are you and everyone else okay?

Do you know what caused it?

Look in the marketplace, or put in a WTB ad with your desires.

:nabble_smiley_scared:

So sorry for you!

Hopping you will find a good replacement.

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

it looks as if it was being worked on and I'm trusting that since you were able to be standing there taking a photo that all are fine except the truck and maybe a few tools. sad to see for sure. I'm curious about what looks to be a line going over the door from the hood area to the bed.

it looks as if it was being worked on and I'm trusting that since you were able to be standing there taking a photo that all are fine except the truck and maybe a few tools. sad to see for sure. I'm curious about what looks to be a line going over the door from the hood area to the bed.

Sorry to see that your truck went up in flames.

This happened to my neighbor a few weekends ago while I was helping him diagnose a hydrolock issue on his truck. He had removed the spark plug wires from the plugs and removed the plugs from the cylinders, but unbeknownst to me, still had the coil hooked up. I was only watching to see what came out of the cylinders as he cranked it over. Turns out it was fuel in the cylinders, and the whole engine bay ignited. I ran to grab the hose and was able to get the fire put out. Thankfully for him, I was able to save the truck and most of his wiring. Only the flex loom on the wires was damaged.

I can attest that it just happens so fast and by the time you see it, it's already damaging everything in sight.

Sorry to see that your truck went up in flames.

This happened to my neighbor a few weekends ago while I was helping him diagnose a hydrolock issue on his truck. He had removed the spark plug wires from the plugs and removed the plugs from the cylinders, but unbeknownst to me, still had the coil hooked up. I was only watching to see what came out of the cylinders as he cranked it over. Turns out it was fuel in the cylinders, and the whole engine bay ignited. I ran to grab the hose and was able to get the fire put out. Thankfully for him, I was able to save the truck and most of his wiring. Only the flex loom on the wires was damaged.

I can attest that it just happens so fast and by the time you see it, it's already damaging everything in sight.

It looks A LOT like my old neighbor Ben's cruise control fire, that I reported on FTE back 2008-9

Those constantly on, unfused brake off switches burned hundreds of thousands of vehicles

It looks A LOT like my old neighbor Ben's cruise control fire, that I reported on FTE back 2008-9

Those constantly on, unfused brake off switches burned hundreds of thousands of vehicles

one of the trucks that I resurrected in TN. was due to an engine fire. family truck pulled from storage in co. and being driven out to the carrier caught fire. the driver was quick and knew his extinguisher well it seemed. he saved it. but a full carb reman and hoses along with a bit of wiring and it was good. however, the new driver of her father's old truck was well used to new cars and was expecting more power from a 5.8 h.o. then is really there. oh well. it aint a hemi! its an antique.