Bullnose Forums

New Member - Hey!

Thanks Scott:

"But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio"

Boy! I wish I could get this radio working properly! I have so many cassette tapes I could have revived!

If you do, let us know the first one you choose to play in it :nabble_anim_claps:

I remember listening to the Shell Rotella Farther Down the Road cassettes in my dad's 83 over and over...

There are many things I do differently with newer trucks that I completely forgot about doing with this old thing. I remember my immediate chagrin upon learning this thing had a leaking heater core! For a few minutes, I forgot that changing this heater core takes about 20 minutes vs. a new 2022 which will take you the better part of a day!

Welcome aboard Jake!

This truck must have factory AC. They're the ones that are easy to change the heater core. If it's without factory AC, changing the heater core is quite a bit more work!

Welding in a new frame horn shouldn't be a big deal. Measure twice and cut once;). I cut a set of frame horns off an '86 and welded them on to a 1995 F150 frame that I swapped under a 1980 F150. It worked out well. I measured everything 20 times to make sure the bumper would line up perfectly with the Bullnose body.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress! I'd like to see that frame work!

There are many things I do differently with newer trucks that I completely forgot about doing with this old thing. I remember my immediate chagrin upon learning this thing had a leaking heater core! For a few minutes, I forgot that changing this heater core takes about 20 minutes vs. a new 2022 which will take you the better part of a day!

Welcome aboard Jake!

This truck must have factory AC. They're the ones that are easy to change the heater core. If it's without factory AC, changing the heater core is quite a bit more work!

Welding in a new frame horn shouldn't be a big deal. Measure twice and cut once;). I cut a set of frame horns off an '86 and welded them on to a 1995 F150 frame that I swapped under a 1980 F150. It worked out well. I measured everything 20 times to make sure the bumper would line up perfectly with the Bullnose body.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress! I'd like to see that frame work!

Welcome to the forum.

On the frame horn have you talked to a frame shop on pulling it back into shape?

If you have the frame books as they may not they could out it on the "deck" and make a few pulls, little heat maybe & measurements and be on the money to bolt everything back into place.

I come from a body shop back ground and why I say pull the frame.

I rolled a full cage Bronco racing off road. Frame shop pulled the cage back into place along with the fire wall so a new door would fit.

Added a brace or 2 to the cage and a few other fixes and had it back out racing in no time.

Dave ----