Bullnose Forums

Fuel Tank Dimensions?

OK I'll start by saying this is a aftermarket plastic tank, but a factory location and appearance, does anyone have general dimensions for a midship DS tank (16, 17 or 19)? My truck is a single tank vehicle, but I think the wrong sending unit is in it (Never hits empty before it runs out) and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

From everything I can calculate it's about a 19 Gallon

Is it: E0TZ9275G, if so, is there a Picture?

If you go to Rock Auto, you may be able to find something LKQ makes a lot of replacement tanks and they should be on there.

Alex,

Where is the tank you have now and is this a short or long bed?

Short beds (style & flare sides) used a 16 gallon side tank.

Long bed style side used a 19 gallon side tank.

Style side beds, short & long, used a 19 gallon rear tank. (flare side did not have a rear tank)

Are you looking for the measurements for a 19 gallon side tank?

I have one in storage I could get them from.

The 16 (smaller) next to the 19 (larger) tanks

20160504_195500.jpg.0de02a2d807799ceebf37945a584c08f.jpg

You also did not say what year / motor truck you have and if no rear tank you could add a rear tank using factory parts for the tank (straps, cross member, hardware, filler hose / neck) and then would need to graft the door into the body.

Depending on the year / motor you could use a under dash switch to switch between tanks & senders.

The in dash switch you might be able to bolt in place but the wiring I think would be harder to do if placed there. Dual tank trucks used a different wiring harness, main & frame.

If there is a will there is a way :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes I have added a rear tank using all factory parts (harness & dash switch) making my flare side a dual tank truck that was never an option.

Dave ----