Bullnose Forums

New Member... Sort of a bullnose

You are now on the map. Interesting that you have Alcoa wheels in Alcoa. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Glad you got it running so easily. Bummer about the vandalism, but sounds like you'll get the sorted. Nice flatbed on the truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll give you another one. I work at Arconic (the former Alcoa mill the town was named after). Alcoa and Arconic split back in 2016.

I joined in November last year as a field service engineer.

Please drink all the aluminum canned beverages you can to support my old Ford addition. :nabble_smiley_beam:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing I did. Just mean teenagers. I live 4 hours from where my grandad's farm was in Western KY.

Just didn't pick it up in time I guess.

Anyhow it does have AC. I snapped some pictures of the current pump tonight.

I don't know that I recall seeing another Ford with two pulleys and two belts on the power steering pump.

It is working for now, but I would love to get a quieter and more powerful pump.

That aluminum will shine again one day soon.

I will see if I can get a picture or two of my Saginaw pump.

The van pump has a double sheave pulley as well.

It certainly is nice not hearing that constant Ford whirr any longer.

I don't know that the Saginaw is any more powerful. It's certainly smoother.

From what I've read the pressure bypass actually has a lower set point.

I'll give you another one. I work at Arconic (the former Alcoa mill the town was named after). Alcoa and Arconic split back in 2016.

I joined in November last year as a field service engineer.

Please drink all the aluminum canned beverages you can to support my old Ford addition. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Interesting! But I doubt my use of aluminum cans is going to help your addiction. I buy my Coke in plastic bottles and only go through about 1 every 2 weeks - a far cry from my younger years.

Nothing I did. Just mean teenagers. I live 4 hours from where my grandad's farm was in Western KY.

Just didn't pick it up in time I guess.

Anyhow it does have AC. I snapped some pictures of the current pump tonight.

I don't know that I recall seeing another Ford with two pulleys and two belts on the power steering pump.

It is working for now, but I would love to get a quieter and more powerful pump.

That aluminum will shine again one day soon.

I see how your current pump pivots off the A/C pump bracket.

Perhaps Gary or Bill could better address your situation since my truck was born without air as a bare bones Custom.

I see how your current pump pivots off the A/C pump bracket.

Perhaps Gary or Bill could better address your situation since my truck was born without air as a bare bones Custom.

I probably have pics of my Saginaw, but I’m running serpentine belts, or as Bill says, polygroove since there are two belts. Would that help?

I probably have pics of my Saginaw, but I’m running serpentine belts, or as Bill says, polygroove since there are two belts. Would that help?

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about your updated front dress, Gary. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Well, off to find a pic of how an AC van is set up then..

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about your updated front dress, Gary. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Well, off to find a pic of how an AC van is set up then..

Whatever you guys have as pictures or suggestions will be helpful.

From just a high level look last night, would it not be possible to find a Saginaw that has the appropriate length pulley shaft and modify or build an adapter to use my existing bracket?

It is not a show stopper at this point, but I would like to plan ahead.

It takes time to find some old parts at times, but that is some of the fun of working on these old trucks.

It took me 3 years almost to finish Papaw's Bronco II, but it is basically done and I drive it weekly now. It was definitely a learning curve.

Luckily this F350 has a lot more room under the hood. I changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and coil in about an hour last night. It fired right off after that for sure.

Whatever you guys have as pictures or suggestions will be helpful.

From just a high level look last night, would it not be possible to find a Saginaw that has the appropriate length pulley shaft and modify or build an adapter to use my existing bracket?

It is not a show stopper at this point, but I would like to plan ahead.

It takes time to find some old parts at times, but that is some of the fun of working on these old trucks.

It took me 3 years almost to finish Papaw's Bronco II, but it is basically done and I drive it weekly now. It was definitely a learning curve.

Luckily this F350 has a lot more room under the hood. I changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and coil in about an hour last night. It fired right off after that for sure.

The Saginaw shaft is both shorter and larger in diameter than a C2 (as well as having a different bolt pattern that is in one plane instead of stepped)

More than a decade ago Cardone offered a remanufactured Saginaw pump with a special adapter + lengthened and stepped shaft that could fit up to the stock bracket. It also had a different pressure relief valve and fitting that threaded right up to the stock lines.

I don't think there's enough meat in the C2 pulley boss to enlarge it to 3/4 without making the pulling groove perilously thin.

It might be possible, but I have never heard of anyone who was successful fitting any other generic Saginaw to these V-belt trucks.

Another thing I recently found NLA was the inexpensive Cloyes true street roller timing set for these trucks.

Maybe a couple of months ago another new member wanted to replace theirs and it didn't exist.

The stock replacement for a EFI 460 is what you want, unless you want to play with even more cam timing options.

Going straight up definitely improves torque all the way to redline.

The Saginaw shaft is both shorter and larger in diameter than a C2 (as well as having a different bolt pattern that is in one plane instead of stepped)

More than a decade ago Cardone offered a remanufactured Saginaw pump with a special adapter + lengthened and stepped shaft that could fit up to the stock bracket. It also had a different pressure relief valve and fitting that threaded right up to the stock lines.

I don't think there's enough meat in the C2 pulley boss to enlarge it to 3/4 without making the pulling groove perilously thin.

It might be possible, but I have never heard of anyone who was successful fitting any other generic Saginaw to these V-belt trucks.

Another thing I recently found NLA was the inexpensive Cloyes true street roller timing set for these trucks.

Maybe a couple of months ago another new member wanted to replace theirs and it didn't exist.

The stock replacement for a EFI 460 is what you want, unless you want to play with even more cam timing options.

Going straight up definitely improves torque all the way to redline.

Thanks for the info.

I'll keep thinking about it. I've read a lot about the cardone pumps with the "horseshoe" bracket on the face of the pump.

Got a little more work done tonight.

Started pulling the dents out of the roof tonight. Luckily I have the stud welder left over from my Bronco project.

I'm not perfect at it, but I'm making progress. Luckily clearance lights will hide a lot of imperfections.

This doesn't have to be perfect because it is after all a work truck!

I started on the driver's side and I'm working my way over to the passenger.

PXL_20220517_214030959.thumb.jpg.46938c6f88194727523727caed6b2bbb.jpg

PXL_20220517_223903233.jpg.74bcf7ebf2a924a36bcc8713db6ddc83.jpg

PXL_20220518_000024428.jpg.62b204525c6d0e826be1a9ee5308bbc6.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I'll keep thinking about it. I've read a lot about the cardone pumps with the "horseshoe" bracket on the face of the pump.

Got a little more work done tonight.

Started pulling the dents out of the roof tonight. Luckily I have the stud welder left over from my Bronco project.

I'm not perfect at it, but I'm making progress. Luckily clearance lights will hide a lot of imperfections.

This doesn't have to be perfect because it is after all a work truck!

I started on the driver's side and I'm working my way over to the passenger.

Yeah those Cardone pumps weren't available anywhere anymore back when I did my conversion. (around 2011)

I don't know of any other bolt on than the van bracketry.

My roof is almost as dented as yours.

Thankfully I don't have any clearance light holes to let water in.

Sorry you have to fix that mess. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: