Bullnose Forums

New VA Bullnose

Greetings everyone. I just joined from Winchester, VA. Last weekend I bought this 1980 F100 from a friend and plan to get it running again. I have already replaced a tire, fixed the tailgate (would not open), and cleaned/rebuilt the air filter system. I have all the parts and plan to replace the fuel system this weekend (New carb, fuel pump, filter, float/sender, and tank). I also have a new set of bushings/pins for the doors.

Truck has an in-line 6 with 3 on the tree. Interior is pretty roached and will need a lot of work. Exterior is pretty clean with minimal rust. I has been repainted. Truck does not currently run but will turn over/run with starting fluid. I hope to have it idle/run by the end of the weekend. Excited to be a member. I'm going to need as much help as I can get moving forward. Not a Ford guy but I couldn't pass up this truck for $500 from a buddy (he was the original owner).

Nice truck! Just the way I like 'em...plain, bare bones, minimal options.

She looks like a "Stripper"...as in base model with no options. Does it have power steering and/or power brakes? They were still options in 1980!

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Nice looking truck. And it is great to buy one from the original owner. :nabble_smiley_good:

We have a map - Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. Would you like to be on it?

Sure thing. Replaced the carb, fuel pump, and filter today. Tomorrow, I'm replacing my vacuum, fuel lines, and installing a new tank. I'm probably going to remove the smog pump as well.

Nice truck! Just the way I like 'em...plain, bare bones, minimal options.

She looks like a "Stripper"...as in base model with no options. Does it have power steering and/or power brakes? They were still options in 1980!

Has both! I forgot how much fun working on these old trucks is.