Bullnose Forums

Scraping noise when pushing clutch after starter swap.

how about when you let off the clutch after it starts? does it go away then?

Did you watch the video?

That might be a locked solid release bearing dragging on the fingers, but he says it never made a sound before the starter was replaced.

Did you watch the video?

That might be a locked solid release bearing dragging on the fingers, but he says it never made a sound before the starter was replaced.

Yeah the sound goes away when the pedal is released and its not there when moving either. Didn't get a chance to touch it today though.

Yeah the sound goes away when the pedal is released and its not there when moving either. Didn't get a chance to touch it today though.

the engine is recent? was the flywheel torqued to spec? was the clutch disc reused? throw-out bearing?

the engine is recent? was the flywheel torqued to spec? was the clutch disc reused? throw-out bearing?

I put it in in 2019, couldn't tell you how many miles but its not new. New clutch and bearing, I was surprised at how good the old clutch looked actually.

I put it in in 2019, couldn't tell you how many miles but its not new. New clutch and bearing, I was surprised at how good the old clutch looked actually.

as usual stay on the last thing touched until solved but if it makes no noise without being depressed then I cannot see it being unrelated to the clutch disc or throw-out bearing.