Bullnose Forums

1980-1981 Nutmeg Slide Locks (Haven't Fallen Apart!)

I always felt those slider locks looked odd. Like something was missing.

Is there supposed to be a knob on the black stem?

Nope, what you see is all they were.

I can't understand why Ford went to these in the first place. :nabble_anim_confused:

I can't understand why Ford went to these in the first place. :nabble_anim_confused:

Cant use a coat hanger to unlock the door like you can on the pin type:nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Cant use a coat hanger to unlock the door like you can on the pin type:nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Didn't that only work on the ones like below?

2001_vs_2002-2003_LVL_II_manual.jpg.56a96adfba2da4c4e23cb3374af7dd86.jpg

70876665_2344416492540275_898489394338463744_n.thumb.jpg.2e7c307f6d3109c237539fb97adf97ce.jpg

Dave ----

Didn't that only work on the ones like below?

I was thinking the same thing, Shaun. Big Blue's pins sink down to the point you can barely get a grip on them when they are locked, much less hook them with something.

I was thinking the same thing, Shaun. Big Blue's pins sink down to the point you can barely get a grip on them when they are locked, much less hook them with something.

Well you see I dont have any locks in mine as I could not find sliders at the time.

I was looking to get new panels but I cant find them for sliders and the pin type have different door handle seals, fit from the outside mine fit on the inside and has a large washer type ring and 3 nuts to hold the seals to the panel, and being Gary sent me new seals I want to use them.

Besides I would need to get the later door latch assy, for pins if I was to change to pin type door panels.

I did buy sliders & arm rests, now I just have to redo the finish on my panels and fit the new parts on them.

Dave ----

Well you see I dont have any locks in mine as I could not find sliders at the time.

I was looking to get new panels but I cant find them for sliders and the pin type have different door handle seals, fit from the outside mine fit on the inside and has a large washer type ring and 3 nuts to hold the seals to the panel, and being Gary sent me new seals I want to use them.

Besides I would need to get the later door latch assy, for pins if I was to change to pin type door panels.

I did buy sliders & arm rests, now I just have to redo the finish on my panels and fit the new parts on them.

Dave ----

No locks? I only leave BB unlocked when he's in the shop. :nabble_smiley_oh: