Bullnose Forums

Hoping to pick this up within the next few days...

Well...visit did not go well.

The gentleman seemed agitated that I was asking so many questions and asked what it was that I was trying to accomplish. I simply told him - as I mentioned here in an earlier post - that I just wanted to be happy with the purchase. This was the third time I had been by to look at the vehicle and only the second time I had involved the gentleman. Why he was agitated I have no idea. I think it's kinda normal to ask questions.

On his behalf, perhaps he thought I was trying to bargain the price down a bit. But that never came up. I even had the cash in my back pocket. I just could not get my head around it. You know how sometimes you just don't feel right about something? This was one of those times. I just wasn't happy about it. So I just told him I'd call him in the morning and let him know. Funny, as he was walking away he said he thought he would just keep it.

It was last plated in 2016. This was the first time I had a chance to look into the interior. It was a mess. The floor shift was there when he bought it so he had no info on it. The dash was in total disarray. But the rest of the truck is solid. Frame looked really good 'cept for a couple of spots along the side in front of the rear axle but nothing to be overly concerned about. I also have a Marti Report coming that I paid 20 for. When I get it I'll make sure to go and give him a copy to make him feel better.

I'll call him tomorrow and let him no no (see what I did there). And the search continues. I love the flareside. So does my wife. Anyone with any leads, let me know. Feels funny now that I am here I got nothin.'

Sorry this is so long but you guys have been great. I'll be around checking in every day and see what's up and looking for leads.

Thanks again

R

Well...visit did not go well.

The gentleman seemed agitated that I was asking so many questions and asked what it was that I was trying to accomplish. I simply told him - as I mentioned here in an earlier post - that I just wanted to be happy with the purchase. This was the third time I had been by to look at the vehicle and only the second time I had involved the gentleman. Why he was agitated I have no idea. I think it's kinda normal to ask questions.

On his behalf, perhaps he thought I was trying to bargain the price down a bit. But that never came up. I even had the cash in my back pocket. I just could not get my head around it. You know how sometimes you just don't feel right about something? This was one of those times. I just wasn't happy about it. So I just told him I'd call him in the morning and let him know. Funny, as he was walking away he said he thought he would just keep it.

It was last plated in 2016. This was the first time I had a chance to look into the interior. It was a mess. The floor shift was there when he bought it so he had no info on it. The dash was in total disarray. But the rest of the truck is solid. Frame looked really good 'cept for a couple of spots along the side in front of the rear axle but nothing to be overly concerned about. I also have a Marti Report coming that I paid 20 for. When I get it I'll make sure to go and give him a copy to make him feel better.

I'll call him tomorrow and let him no no (see what I did there). And the search continues. I love the flareside. So does my wife. Anyone with any leads, let me know. Feels funny now that I am here I got nothin.'

Sorry this is so long but you guys have been great. I'll be around checking in every day and see what's up and looking for leads.

Thanks again

R

I think you are wise to go with your gut feeling. It is hard to walk away from something like that when you been thinking about it for quite a while.

You might think about telling the guy when you call tomorrow that you'd already order a Marti report for it and that you'll give him a copy. That should make him feel better about it.

As for finding something else, the Pacific NorthWest is the place to look. Their prices are about as low as anywhere and the trucks are in the best shape as they don't use salt on the roads and they have less UV than places like OK or TX.

And no, I don't no what you did. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I think you are wise to go with your gut feeling. It is hard to walk away from something like that when you been thinking about it for quite a while.

You might think about telling the guy when you call tomorrow that you'd already order a Marti report for it and that you'll give him a copy. That should make him feel better about it.

As for finding something else, the Pacific NorthWest is the place to look. Their prices are about as low as anywhere and the trucks are in the best shape as they don't use salt on the roads and they have less UV than places like OK or TX.

And no, I don't no what you did. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I agree with Gary, go with your gut.

I didn’t see where you’re at. I’m in the Pacific Northwest and try to post bullnoses when I see them.

If you can’t drive it, it’s hard to evaluate the truck.

I agree with Gary, go with your gut.

I didn’t see where you’re at. I’m in the Pacific Northwest and try to post bullnoses when I see them.

If you can’t drive it, it’s hard to evaluate the truck.

around here that would be a 500-dollar truck to me. maybe a little more since i always look for flaresides but I have walked away from many because someone else's "diamond in the rough " was just too rough. today's pricing is unprecedented though. however, the last truck I bought this way was 400 and I'm doing a frame off restomod on it now. as parts availability goes down parts prices go up so keep that in mind.

around here that would be a 500-dollar truck to me. maybe a little more since i always look for flaresides but I have walked away from many because someone else's "diamond in the rough " was just too rough. today's pricing is unprecedented though. however, the last truck I bought this way was 400 and I'm doing a frame off restomod on it now. as parts availability goes down parts prices go up so keep that in mind.

Well sorry to hear it fell through.

Then again when you call him and say you have the report he may may have a change of hart.

Heck he could of just had a fight with his wife / girl friend / ? and it just spilled over when you showed up.

Also who sells / buys a car or truck and not bargain?

Its all part of the game :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----