Bullnose Forums

Tekonsha 2016 Trailer Brake Controller Wiring

Here's the pictures of my unit.

This new phone is very awkward to get photos with.

None of these wires look all that heavy gauge either.

Little late up date.

It looks like your unit is little newer than Bill's and what I have dealt with.

On Bill's you turn the knob that maves when you step on the brakes.

Yours has that wheel that dose the same thing.

The spring I was talking of dose not come with the controller it is an extra.

Depending on what you pull you can try with out it and see what happens.

If the trailer is unloaded or is light on weight and locks up the trailer brakes then you will need the spring resister.

I tried Etrailer looking for it but did not find it?So maybe you will be ok?

Dave ----

Little late up date.

If the trailer is unloaded or is light on weight and locks up the trailer brakes then you will need the spring resister.

Dave ----

The main trailer I'll be using at first is a UHaul Auto Transport and they only have the 4 pin flat connector.

I'm installing the 4 flat/7 blade combo so that I have the option of hauling other stuff later. The UHaul has automatic surge brakes so my controller wont even be needed. I just wanted to have it wired correctly since it was already plumbed into my system.

Little late up date.

Dave ----

The main trailer I'll be using at first is a UHaul Auto Transport and they only have the 4 pin flat connector.

I'm installing the 4 flat/7 blade combo so that I have the option of hauling other stuff later. The UHaul has automatic surge brakes so my controller wont even be needed. I just wanted to have it wired correctly since it was already plumbed into my system.

Good luck with it, I despise surge brakes and I am not a huge fan of the all electronic controllers.

Good luck with it, I despise surge brakes and I am not a huge fan of the all electronic controllers.

I dont like the surge brakes either.

I have grown to like the all electronic controllers but you have to get the good ones, read $$$ that use a pendulum not the junk timed ones.

Dave ----

I have grown to like the all electronic controllers but you have to get the good ones, read $$$ that use a pendulum not the junk timed ones.

Dave ----

I didn't pay all that much for my electronic brake controller (not a timer unit!). Tekonsha Primus IQ. Got it in barely used condition for $50 if memory serves. Available new for just over $100. Very good bang for the buck.

Dave ----

Dave, I bought a Kelsey-Hayes Genesis for my 2009 Flex Limited, Darth still has my old $60 new Kelsey-Hayes hydraulic operated controller.