Bullnose Forums

Hello all

BastiF250

Hello everyone, I'm Sebastian, I'm 34 years old and I come from a small village in Germany. Two months ago I finally fulfilled my dream of a real US full-size truck. I bought a 1986 F250 XLT Lariat ExtraCab 5.8L with around 56000 miles on it. For me, this series is simply the most beautiful! Before that I drove a Ranger DoubleCab. It was cool, but too small and weak. I am very happy to have found this forum and look forward to many great posts.:nabble_smiley_happy:4F31FB13-8243-4E13-9F63-ED2DED31D008.jpeg.241c858188c8f18de599be4c170e5356.jpeg

Welcome, Sebastian! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of Germany? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can put you on with just a city/village.

Also, we have a sticker that many of us put on our rear window that tells about the forum. Thomas, whom you can reach by sending an email through the forum, has several of the stickers there in Germany and said he would pass them out. To email him click this link and follow the instructions. HOWEVER, our email system is messed up and usually appears that it didn't send the message - but usually does. So I tick the box that says "Send a copy of this message to me" so I know it went.

Or, if you are close to Thomas (Silver Stallion) you might meet up with him. You can see his location on the map as well.

Nice truck! It looks very clean and straight. Hopefully it drives well.

Hello everyone and thanks for the great words! I come from 54429 Mandern, which is in western Germany near the oldest city in Germany, Trier. That's right, this vehicle was a real find of gold! He's in really good shape. Of course, there are a few things to do here and there. It has a few leaks and the power steering pump probably needs to be replaced. Nevertheless, I am enthusiastic about the truck.:nabble_anim_claps:

Hello everyone and thanks for the great words! I come from 54429 Mandern, which is in western Germany near the oldest city in Germany, Trier. That's right, this vehicle was a real find of gold! He's in really good shape. Of course, there are a few things to do here and there. It has a few leaks and the power steering pump probably needs to be replaced. Nevertheless, I am enthusiastic about the truck.:nabble_anim_claps:

You are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't think I've been to your village, although I have driven from Frankfurt to Luxembourg, so have been fairly close.

And I see that you are fairly close to Kaiserslautern. Was the truck brought over by an American serviceman?

You should start a thread in the main section to chronicle what you do to the truck. You can keep track and we can follow along.

Oh thanks!

yes, you weren't far from me and practically passed my front door☺️Exactly, Kaiserslautern is 45 minutes away, Baumholder 30 minutes and Spangdalem also 45 minutes.

I bought the truck from a private seller and they got it from an importer from East Germany in 2017.

I just wanted to get a K30 from MorlockMotors first, but then I decided against a diesel.

I will post all restoration work here.

I'm still looking for someone who might be able to import parts for me via the airbase.

I wonder if those of you in that part of Europe could work together to import things? Or find someone on a base that will do it for you?

You could start a thread about it to get others involved.

One approach would be to start a thread in the main section entitled something like "Band Together To Import Parts?" And before you post go to the bottom and under Assignment make it Assigned. Then next to Assign use the drop-down to assign it to someone, like I have with Thomas/Silver stallion.

Then when you post they'll get an email telling them they have something they should look at and a link to your post. Perhaps you in Europe could get a group up that could help with shipping?