Bullnose Forums

Truck Started With A Little Warmth

Aron

I Finally Got The Truck to start This Morning When I plugged It In For About 30 Minutes. The Shutoff Valve DOES Work But Now I'm Lost. Why Would The Truck Start With Just A Little Bit Of Warmth??

I Did Put New Glow Plugs In About A Month Ago, Brand New Motorcraft Plugs.

I know. I also know you've tested the relay & controller.

I don't know what the simple test is for injector cold advance, but you might look into it.

If everything else is working that seems like the key to the puzzle.

I know. I also know you've tested the relay & controller.

I don't know what the simple test is for injector cold advance, but you might look into it.

If everything else is working that seems like the key to the puzzle.

Sounds expensive haha, I'll Have To Do Some Research Thanks!

I Did Put New Glow Plugs In About A Month Ago, Brand New Motorcraft Plugs.

If you used either with the glow plugs, you might want to put a multimeter on the glow plugs and check for continuity.

My 7.3 IDI always started better with the block heater plugged in before start.

I got a heavy duty appliance timer and set it to come on 2-3 hours before I went to work, depending on the temperature.

Good luck!

I wish I could be more helpful...

Ok I Checked It And It Seems Like It Is Working, It Did Start Today With A Long Crank And One Cycle Of The Glow Plugs. I Do Not Think It's Normal Though. (t Was about 80° Outside)

Ok I Checked It And It Seems Like It Is Working, It Did Start Today With A Long Crank And One Cycle Of The Glow Plugs. I Do Not Think It's Normal Though. (t Was about 80° Outside)

Do you remember what brand of glow plugs you put in? I had trouble with glow plugs until I put in Beru, I think was the brand name.

I had a 88 7.3, so I think they’re similar to the 6.9, and I don’t always remember good. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I also had to replace the glow plug controller and connectors, some were burnt. Took awhile but I finaly got that truck starting better, but still used the block heater in the cold weather.

Do you remember what brand of glow plugs you put in? I had trouble with glow plugs until I put in Beru, I think was the brand name.

I had a 88 7.3, so I think they’re similar to the 6.9, and I don’t always remember good. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I also had to replace the glow plug controller and connectors, some were burnt. Took awhile but I finaly got that truck starting better, but still used the block heater in the cold weather.

It's been said twice, "Motorcraft" brand glow plugs.

Yes, I've heard Beru are the hot ticket.