Bullnose Forums

Hello from Upstate SC

jchalo99

I have considered that it spun. Especially with the rubber pushed away. But it was running ok at 28btdc.

The old one has marks for 30btdc to 10atdc. The new one is 10btdc to 40 atdc.

It was the wrong harmonic balancer. Got the new one installed buttoned everything up.

Still couldn't get it to run till I set my timing around 60deg.... than my buddy 800 miles away suggested when I rewired the truck I must have swapped the wires on the distributer.

Swapped two wires, and got it running with 10deg btdc. Mechanically it advances to 30deg.

With vacuum it only gets up to 32deg.

It idles great, but when starting it sometimes gets stuck at 300rpm, until I hit the throttle. It runs fine until I hammer down from cruise to wide open. I can idle and cruise all day, I can even ease into WOT but I can't slam it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the wrong harmonic balancer. Got the new one installed buttoned everything up.

Still couldn't get it to run till I set my timing around 60deg.... than my buddy 800 miles away suggested when I rewired the truck I must have swapped the wires on the distributer.

Swapped two wires, and got it running with 10deg btdc. Mechanically it advances to 30deg.

With vacuum it only gets up to 32deg.

It idles great, but when starting it sometimes gets stuck at 300rpm, until I hit the throttle. It runs fine until I hammer down from cruise to wide open. I can idle and cruise all day, I can even ease into WOT but I can't slam it.

Congrats! That's significant progress.

On your problem accelerating and when starting, I think you have a carburetion problem. Both with the accelerator pump and with the idle stop. But you will get it sorted, I'm sure. :nabble_smiley_good: