Bullnose Forums

All Crank No Start

Aron

I had time to get to the truck again, it is definitely getting glow plugs. It's got PLENTY of fuel flow at the shredder value and a little at the injector. when I sprayed some ether in and started it up it is running better than it ever has, I've got no idea what is going on.

I had time to get to the truck again, it is definitely getting glow plugs. It's got PLENTY of fuel flow at the shredder value and a little at the injector. when I sprayed some ether in and started it up it is running better than it ever has, I've got no idea what is going on.

Yeah, a steady diet of ether is not good..

So, with the key on the shutoff solenoid clacks hard and always sounds the same????

Is the cold start sensor giving power to the advance solenoid at the pump?

I wish Jonathan had more time to spend here on the forum.

I'm sure he knows better than me how to diagnose your 6.9.

Not a diesel pro here. ☺️ I used to have to get the 7.3's in the wreckers and flatbeds to work long enough to close out the shift or until the diesel tech could get to them.

Yeah, a steady diet of ether is not good..

So, with the key on the shutoff solenoid clacks hard and always sounds the same????

Is the cold start sensor giving power to the advance solenoid at the pump?

I wish Jonathan had more time to spend here on the forum.

I'm sure he knows better than me how to diagnose your 6.9.

Not a diesel pro here. ☺️ I used to have to get the 7.3's in the wreckers and flatbeds to work long enough to close out the shift or until the diesel tech could get to them.

I can't hear the shutoff solenoid at all, just the high idle one, I know some things about diesels but when it comes to specific injection pumps I get lost. I unhooked the coolant sensor about 2 months ago but I've never had a problem until recently. (Also I can't find a diagram about the ip, where would it be if it is on here?)