Bullnose Forums

85 F-150 5.8 HO alternator front mounting bracket

Very generous offer Pete.

Thank you for showing the Bullnose spirit! :nabble_anim_claps:

yes, that is the mount for both the air pump and alternator.

if that part was removed prior then I wonder what else got re-engineered too. peeling the onion my offer many revelations.

yes, that is the mount for both the air pump and alternator.

if that part was removed prior then I wonder what else got re-engineered too. peeling the onion my offer many revelations.

If the truck was wearing that Powermaster I would have to surmise that it was only the A.I.R. pump brackets that got docked.

Pete would know for sure. He might even have a picture of the engine before he tore the front dress off?

For now I would say that everything needed is still available.

Predicate that with "I have a 460, so can't be certain"

If the truck was wearing that Powermaster I would have to surmise that it was only the A.I.R. pump brackets that got docked.

Pete would know for sure. He might even have a picture of the engine before he tore the front dress off?

It was wearing the Powermaster, but that was a direct bolt-on for the stocker it replaced, so no modifications were made for it.

The engine never had a smog pump on it, so I can't say what's missing in the way of bracketry thereof.

It was wearing the Powermaster, but that was a direct bolt-on for the stocker it replaced, so no modifications were made for it.

The engine never had a smog pump on it, so I can't say what's missing in the way of bracketry thereof.

Ah! This '81 never had an AIR pump?

Those brackets would be perfect! :nabble_smiley_good:

Ah! This '81 never had an AIR pump?

I can't say that definitively. What I should have said was that in the time I have owned the engine, it never had a smog pump on it. The motor was pulled from a motorhome a couple years ago, and it didn't have a smog pump on it at that time, that's all I know. :nabble_smiley_beam: