Bullnose Forums

Filler neck vent pipe repair question

Mark

that is interesting to learn differences. does your bronco have a welded in steel overflow box like the 87 and newer trucks? I know that my 84 bronco 2 does as opposed to the plastic bolt on one of the 80-86 trucks

I'm not sure. I've had the whole system ripped apart for some time and can't think of anything that looks the part. Where is it supposed to be?

YES BED OFF!

I did all my tank & filler install with the bed off before I painted it and in my case even the fender off to do the last part of the fillers to make sure the over flow box would fit the angle of the fenders.

Remember the rear filler I had to make up from parts as flare sides did not have rear tanks.

I did have the need to drop the rear tank but got real lucky I could lower it to get the new sender out to swap a float that went bad and that was a bear!

I dont have a easy way to lift the flare side bed off as there is no bed rail lips to get anything to grab onto it.

The stake pockets are smooth on the inside so cant hook anything in them.

Guess I could grab on the vary outside of the rail but I then need to keep the hooks from sliding to the center and the big one not hurt the paint!

Dave ----

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is interesting to learn differences. does your bronco have a welded in steel overflow box like the 87 and newer trucks? I know that my 84 bronco 2 does as opposed to the plastic bolt on one of the 80-86 trucks

I'm not sure. I've had the whole system ripped apart for some time and can't think of anything that looks the part. Where is it supposed to be?

The plastic overflow box bolts to the bed side by four thin bolts visible by opening the filler door.two of the bolts do double duty by holding the door itself and sandwiching the box

The plastic overflow box bolts to the bed side by four thin bolts visible by opening the filler door.two of the bolts do double duty by holding the door itself and sandwiching the box

Nope it does not have that. The 87+ Bronco filler neck is the same as my 82 except for the vent setup and the gas cap.