Bullnose Forums

new shocks

I have KYB's on my 81 F100 Flare Side 4x2 and think the truck rids great for a empty truck.

I dont know what was on it before or how it rode as I did not drive the truck before I pulled it apart for a rebuild or if they were any good or not when I pulled them off, they got filed in the big round bucket :nabble_smiley_wink:

I got the shocks through LMC

Dave ----

I concur. I'm running KYB Excel-G's from RockAuto. Rides great, for what I do at least.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KYBs on the Bronco. Compared to the blown out shocks that were there before they are great.

I'm running the rancho shocks that came with the lift kit that I installed ten years ago on bubba. they are firm but handling is great. just thinking about this I'm thinking "TEN YEARS"! holy crap! well I guess that's an endorsement of its own, isn't it?

I have Monroe Gas Magnums on Darth, originally bought when Advance Auto ran a special on them, however they did not have the rears so I went to Sears and bought a set of their Loadhandler LTs that were made by Monroe.

Fast forward probably 12 years, both ends were worn out, lifetime warranty so, to Advance for the fronts, but couldn't find the receipt. I contacted Monroe, and after some pictures and a an affidavit that I bought and installed them, they sent me two new ones and instructions on returning the old ones.

Rear ones, I had the Sears warranty card, so should be no problem, right. Sears no longer has their own line, just sell Monroe now, nearly a week of back and forth between Sears and the Advance across the street and they were able to get me new ones, Dually now takes a different PN than a SRW model F350.

Other reason for Monroe, part of my pension comes from Tenneco Automotive from when NNS was owned by them.

I put Bilstein 4600s on my stock height Bronco. From the 500 feet I have driven the truck since installing them and having nothing to compare them against except the factory shocks (yes, the original factory shocks), I have concluded that they are the best shocks in ever situation. Each shock comes with 2 stickers so you can put at least one on every window, including the smoker's window, so that nobody would DARE mistake your truck for being equipped with anything but Bilsteins

I have KYB Exel-G shocks on my Dodge. They did not come with stickers.

I put Bilstein 4600s on my stock height Bronco. From the 500 feet I have driven the truck since installing them and having nothing to compare them against except the factory shocks (yes, the original factory shocks), I have concluded that they are the best shocks in ever situation. Each shock comes with 2 stickers so you can put at least one on every window, including the smoker's window, so that nobody would DARE mistake your truck for being equipped with anything but Bilsteins

I have KYB Exel-G shocks on my Dodge. They did not come with stickers.

You had me at stickers!

You had me at stickers!

Everyone knows that performance stickers instantly add 50hp! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Maybe shock stickers add 2" of ride height, or soften the spring rate?

I've got KYB Gas-A-Just's after three decades of Monroe gas magnums on my 250.

Those Bilstein's look nice. They have a great reputation and I'm sure they will be world's better than what they are replacing. :nabble_smiley_good:

Everyone knows that performance stickers instantly add 50hp! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Maybe shock stickers add 2" of ride height, or soften the spring rate?

I've got KYB Gas-A-Just's after three decades of Monroe gas magnums on my 250.

Those Bilstein's look nice. They have a great reputation and I'm sure they will be world's better than what they are replacing. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - No wonder I have such poor MPG/ride/height/etc! I have some from Sky, Bilstein, Summit, Rock Auto, L&L, Smittybilt, Luk, and on and on. Does it matter where I put them? :nabble_anim_confused:

Jim - No wonder I have such poor MPG/ride/height/etc! I have some from Sky, Bilstein, Summit, Rock Auto, L&L, Smittybilt, Luk, and on and on. Does it matter where I put them? :nabble_anim_confused:

Well Gary..... I can tell you that my tool box holds three land speed records and if I keep buying parts will soon reach orbital velocity. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: