Bullnose Forums

new shocks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put Monroes on Dad's truck and really liked them. In fact, we also put a set on the Subaru we had and really liked them there.

But Big Blue came with Bilsteins and when I needed to replace the fronts due to the solid axle swap I put another pair of them on.

I put Monroes on Dad's truck and really liked them. In fact, we also put a set on the Subaru we had and really liked them there.

But Big Blue came with Bilsteins and when I needed to replace the fronts due to the solid axle swap I put another pair of them on.

How do you like the bilstiens? I like how they look but I'm curious on how they ride. I dont wanna buy them and they're way to stiff.

I know big blue is 3/4 ton and well my big red is a 2wd f150 so it has a different ride quality. My mom always says big red will always rock her to sleep when she drives in it haha. I'm sure that's due to the original springs and im sure the shocks arent helping they arent completely blown but they are pretty old and I know that big red is due for an upgrade. Suspension wise.

How do you like the bilstiens? I like how they look but I'm curious on how they ride. I dont wanna buy them and they're way to stiff.

I know big blue is 3/4 ton and well my big red is a 2wd f150 so it has a different ride quality. My mom always says big red will always rock her to sleep when she drives in it haha. I'm sure that's due to the original springs and im sure the shocks arent helping they arent completely blown but they are pretty old and I know that big red is due for an upgrade. Suspension wise.

Yep, BB is a 3/4 ton and no one is going to be rocked to sleep in it.

You might be interested in this thread: Best Shock For The Money. In it I explained what I think of the Bilsteins.

Yep, BB is a 3/4 ton and no one is going to be rocked to sleep in it.

You might be interested in this thread: Best Shock For The Money. In it I explained what I think of the Bilsteins.

I can't give you a "5 years in" report yet but I put the Rancho RS5000X kit on Rocky and I've been fairly happy with them so far. There were some minor details I wasn't thrilled with like they come with dust boots but the ends are JUST a bit too small to fit over the joint (I had to hit them with a hot-air gun). But they were very reasonably priced and seem to perform well so far...

If you do any heavy hauling or towing I strongly recommend air bags or roadmaster springs. I've had really good luck with them. If you've ever been under load, hit a dip on the highway and had it "porpoise" several times (even with good shocks) this add-on solves that.

I have NAPA gas magnums, which are Monroe’s. I like them.

My truck had Rancho’s on it when I bought it. Didn’t realize how worn out they were till the new ones were put on. Rides nice for a 4WD F250 of our era!

I have them on my truck, Bronco and Suburban.

Thanks guys. Ill be doing my research a bit more on the bilsteins and if not I'll get the monroe sensatrac is what big red has on now.

I

I have KYB's on my 81 F100 Flare Side 4x2 and think the truck rids great for a empty truck.

I dont know what was on it before or how it rode as I did not drive the truck before I pulled it apart for a rebuild or if they were any good or not when I pulled them off, they got filed in the big round bucket :nabble_smiley_wink:

I got the shocks through LMC

Dave ----