Bullnose Forum

1984 f150 "Brownie" Dizzy TFI Frankenstein

Drift Castaway

Just a follow up, I've completed the dii conversion on my truck!

It made absolutely all the difference in the world!

Ended up getting the painless wiring harness, a new job at O'Reilly's and the employee discount that entails made getting parts a heck of a lot easier. 😂😂😂

Thank you guys for weighing in

Super!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

And congratulations on the new job!

Glad to hear your truck is running well.

Super!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

And congratulations on the new job!

Glad to hear your truck is running well.

Drift-

Glad to hear it. I think that was an overall good choice in ignition systems that will serve you well and be cheap/easy to keep up with. Use that employee discount to put a spare ds2 box under the seat!!

If your engine isnt stock, or the dizzy is from an engine that is significantly older or newer than yours, you should really consider having the distributor recurved professionaly. You may be really shocked at the felt difference while driving, and it will go a long ways towards preventing potential issues with knocking/too much timing at certain points in the engine speed/load band. I had mine curved by Bill ambler who can be found over on fordsix. Its worth it to know its right. Bill turned my distributor around in 6 days from the time it left my hand to the time I had it back. Quality of work was well beyond my expectations.

Drift-

Glad to hear it. I think that was an overall good choice in ignition systems that will serve you well and be cheap/easy to keep up with. Use that employee discount to put a spare ds2 box under the seat!!

If your engine isnt stock, or the dizzy is from an engine that is significantly older or newer than yours, you should really consider having the distributor recurved professionaly. You may be really shocked at the felt difference while driving, and it will go a long ways towards preventing potential issues with knocking/too much timing at certain points in the engine speed/load band. I had mine curved by Bill ambler who can be found over on fordsix. Its worth it to know its right. Bill turned my distributor around in 6 days from the time it left my hand to the time I had it back. Quality of work was well beyond my expectations.

Thanks guys!

@StraightSix, I went with a remanned cardone dual vac advance (with the top one plugged) and a new dii box and Edelbrock lightning coil (msd knockoff lmao) and the painless harness.

So all new/remanned parts.

Figured id cut down on risk of headaches that way. 😂