Bullnose Forums

Has anyone tried switching the door buzzer to the chime style?

archeman

Found them here:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/API-4260-LW150-2-R/668-API-4260-LW150-2-R-ND/13165940?itemSeq=340561880

Looks simple to wire in to door switches, belt and light buzzers!!

We have similar ones at work... I hear that noise in nightmares. "Beep Beep Beep Beep!"... It's especially bad on weekends where they shut the plant's compressed air off and literally every welding cell in the plant goes into fault due to such... a lot of birds chirping!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have similar ones at work... I hear that noise in nightmares. "Beep Beep Beep Beep!"... It's especially bad on weekends where they shut the plant's compressed air off and literally every welding cell in the plant goes into fault due to such... a lot of birds chirping!

Where are these buzzers located? I would like to have some sort of noise because I DO forget the lights and keys. I carry a spare door key in my wallet now.

Where are these buzzers located? I would like to have some sort of noise because I DO forget the lights and keys. I carry a spare door key in my wallet now.

the buzzer os a small black box above the glove box latch. its a piezo device i believe. two wire plug. its very possible that you have one and PO unplugged it

the buzzer os a small black box above the glove box latch. its a piezo device i believe. two wire plug. its very possible that you have one and PO unplugged it

I feel certain it was unplugged at some point. Access through glovebox? I didn't see anything when I had dash top out, but I was doing panel vent door rrepair so wasn't looking.

I feel certain it was unplugged at some point. Access through glovebox? I didn't see anything when I had dash top out, but I was doing panel vent door rrepair so wasn't looking.

When you open the glovebox it is located near the latch. When you take the dashed off it is tucked under the conduit.

I got the programable buzzers from digikey, looking forward to playing with them!

When you open the glovebox it is located near the latch. When you take the dashed off it is tucked under the conduit.

I got the programable buzzers from digikey, looking forward to playing with them!

ok, I figured I didn't see because of the conduit there - I remember it.

ok, I figured I didn't see because of the conduit there - I remember it.

Is there a way to test if the buzzer works or not?

In the 2 years my truck has been on the road I have only heard it buzz once.

I dont know what I did to make it sound?

I just sat in the truck and think? turned on the key, dont remember if it was started or not.

I was shocked it sounded but was kind of cool.

Dave ----

Is there a way to test if the buzzer works or not?

In the 2 years my truck has been on the road I have only heard it buzz once.

I dont know what I did to make it sound?

I just sat in the truck and think? turned on the key, dont remember if it was started or not.

I was shocked it sounded but was kind of cool.

Dave ----

Lights on, and opening the door turns mine on.