Bullnose Forums

1961 Ford F-350 RARE 9FT STEPSIDE

Interesting. I was going to say he's not a Ford guru since he called the truck a Stepside, which is a Chevrolet model. But then I found the statement that it has a "223 ford 300 inline 6" and realized he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

A little searching found this statement by Numberdummy: "F350 9' Flareside (a Stepside is a Chevrolet ) bed is the same 1953/72." So maybe it isn't all that rare?

Interesting. I was going to say he's not a Ford guru since he called the truck a Stepside, which is a Chevrolet model. But then I found the statement that it has a "223 ford 300 inline 6" and realized he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

Haha, using the term Stepside just means he’s using the common term, lol. For the majority of people, even the Ford fans, the term Flareside refers to the 1992-up models that actually had the Flareside emblems on them.

Haha, using the term Stepside just means he’s using the common term, lol. For the majority of people, even the Ford fans, the term Flareside refers to the 1992-up models that actually had the Flareside emblems on them.

Given his statement about a "223 ford 300 inline 6" I'll stick with "He just doesn't know what he's talking about." :nabble_smiley_wink:

Given his statement about a "223 ford 300 inline 6" I'll stick with "He just doesn't know what he's talking about." :nabble_smiley_wink:

From what I have seen posted the 9ft is more rare than the 8ft & 6ft beds even being made from the 50's to the 70's.

How many have you seen? LOL

I also think there was another name for that 9ft bed but cant think of it ATM

edit Express bed look it up

Dave ----

From what I have seen posted the 9ft is more rare than the 8ft & 6ft beds even being made from the 50's to the 70's.

How many have you seen? LOL

I also think there was another name for that 9ft bed but cant think of it ATM

edit Express bed look it up

Dave ----

I don't think I've ever seen one. But then I've not been looking for one 'cause I didn't know they existed.

I don't think I've ever seen one. But then I've not been looking for one 'cause I didn't know they existed.

I hang out on that "other site" in the older truck area at times (like to see what others are doing) so that is how I knew of it.

That name is "Express Bed"

Dave ----

I hang out on that "other site" in the older truck area at times (like to see what others are doing) so that is how I knew of it.

That name is "Express Bed"

Dave ----

Interesting. With that info I Googled it and found that Numberdummy said "F350 9' Express bed used 1953/72. There was also a 9' Express Styleside bed used on 1957/66 F350's." I hadn't heard of an "express bed". Thanks.