Bullnose Forums

How Did You Find Us?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Angelo - Glad to know that the word is getting out. Don't want to have a resource nobody knows about.

As for the Ford documentation, what kinds are we talking about? Sales brochures? Technical info? Shop manuals? Or, maybe even the master parts catalogs? I have the digitized '94 version, and have an '82 and '89 version on microfiche, but if there was an '86 or '87 version available, especially in digital form, I'd love it.

Anyway, what is available? And what of that can we put on the web site?

I'm not entirely sure what available but I will do my best to dig and see what bhave access to. I was talking to my parts guys the other day and they told me I'd be good in that department.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all kinds of books on those transmissions on the shelves for complete rebuilds and revisions.

I'm learning that books on the shelf don't help others very much without my intervention. So I'm cutting pages out and scanning them in. Or, like I did today, pull the pages out of 3-ring binder and scan them.

So, if you have binders maybe you could scan some of them? I scan at 600 dpi into a pdf, which allows me to OCR them so they can be searched, copied, etc.

I'm learning that books on the shelf don't help others very much without my intervention. So I'm cutting pages out and scanning them in. Or, like I did today, pull the pages out of 3-ring binder and scan them.

So, if you have binders maybe you could scan some of them? I scan at 600 dpi into a pdf, which allows me to OCR them so they can be searched, copied, etc.

I'll have to see what's available on their computers first. Unfortunately being a tech my PC time is limited...for now.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to avoid doing my homework, so why not comment here?

How I found this place - after our gracious host's disappearance from FTE, I got to wondering what happened. I remember he had the Garage Mahal (my dad has the 'Taj Garage', so it's easy to remember), so I poked around and here I am...

My history with computers (since that seems to be important) - the first computer I recall using was a Commodore PET in elementary school around 1978-79 or so. A few years later I got my own first computer, a Commodore VIC-20, although shortly thereafter I switched to Atari. When I went to college I started working in the campus computer center, where I learned the care and feeding of Control Data and IBM mainframes. The card readers were gone by the time I got there, but 9-track reel-to-reel tapes were still big. Then I discovered the internet, went to work building that out, and here I am...

As to social media versus forums, social media has become a disgrace to humanity - which is why I deleted all my social media accounts earlier this year. Smartest thing I've done in a while.

I'm trying to avoid doing my homework, so why not comment here?

How I found this place - after our gracious host's disappearance from FTE, I got to wondering what happened. I remember he had the Garage Mahal (my dad has the 'Taj Garage', so it's easy to remember), so I poked around and here I am...

My history with computers (since that seems to be important) - the first computer I recall using was a Commodore PET in elementary school around 1978-79 or so. A few years later I got my own first computer, a Commodore VIC-20, although shortly thereafter I switched to Atari. When I went to college I started working in the campus computer center, where I learned the care and feeding of Control Data and IBM mainframes. The card readers were gone by the time I got there, but 9-track reel-to-reel tapes were still big. Then I discovered the internet, went to work building that out, and here I am...

As to social media versus forums, social media has become a disgrace to humanity - which is why I deleted all my social media accounts earlier this year. Smartest thing I've done in a while.

CDC!? I worked with both Control Data and IBM networks while at Conoco. What was the network device's name? NAD, that's it!

Yes, social media is a blight. I have my account so I can keep up with my kids and friends at church, where we've found Facebook very helpful.

Anyway, so glad you found us! :nabble_anim_handshake:

CDC!? I worked with both Control Data and IBM networks while at Conoco. What was the network device's name? NAD, that's it!

Yes, social media is a blight. I have my account so I can keep up with my kids and friends at church, where we've found Facebook very helpful.

Anyway, so glad you found us! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I’m pretty sure I dug it up thru Google while searching for some info on the Bullnose. It’s a great site, I’ve just not previously registered because I’ve been able to get most answers elsewhere. But I may as well attempt to contribute rather than just taking and running. I do appreciate the work done here - it’s something that really does move the needle on Bullnose support. No small feat considering the youngest Bullnoses are approaching 35 years old.

I’m pretty sure I dug it up thru Google while searching for some info on the Bullnose. It’s a great site, I’ve just not previously registered because I’ve been able to get most answers elsewhere. But I may as well attempt to contribute rather than just taking and running. I do appreciate the work done here - it’s something that really does move the needle on Bullnose support. No small feat considering the youngest Bullnoses are approaching 35 years old.

Glad you found us. We currently rank about fourth in a Google search for "Bullnose Ford", first in "DSO Codes", third in "Ford 1G to 3G conversion", etc. We turn up in about 4500 searches/day and almost 200 people come to the site daily via those searches.