Bullnose Forums

How Did You Find Us?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I heard that someone based a movie or tv show on the halt and catch fire routine that was said to have been built in to some firmware, although I never came across it. Before hackers became bad things I hacked a lot.

You found me, or rather one of your members, Ford F834, found me on Oilburners,net and invited me to join.

It seems like there are a few old computer guys here. I too am an old computer guy. I was first exposed to computers in the '70s. My stepfather worked in a soils lab doing triaxial testing. They had a new HP computer in the glass room/lab where potential clients could see the computer doing the testing. I think it was an HP9600. That got me started learning to program. I didn't get a real computer job as a computer operator until 1985. I then got into networking, and have been doing it ever since.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You found me, or rather one of your members, Ford F834, found me on Oilburners,net and invited me to join.

It seems like there are a few old computer guys here. I too am an old computer guy. I was first exposed to computers in the '70s. My stepfather worked in a soils lab doing triaxial testing. They had a new HP computer in the glass room/lab where potential clients could see the computer doing the testing. I think it was an HP9600. That got me started learning to program. I didn't get a real computer job as a computer operator until 1985. I then got into networking, and have been doing it ever since.

What kind of networking? Did a bit a LAN with Token Ring, including via fiber optics. In fact, I taught British Telecom how to do that so we could have TR on two campuses that were blocks apart in London. Also did ethernet, but w/o fiber extensions.

And, did WAN - both the underlying carrier using TDM, as well as networking PBX's/PABX's and IBM's computers and peripherals.

• 4 months later...

I found the page on google.I have been watching for a while but Im a big bullnose fan. Just found another one that is extended cab and has a 460 in it. This site has a lot of good info in it thats why i came here for help.

Google is starting to find the web site and the forum more and more. Glad people can find the info they need as that's why the site is here.

My intro was in 1965 or 6, and it was in the Kansas State engineering department. Don't remember what our first job was, but we had a printer for output.

Funniest thing I saw was a couple of guys that had spent MONTHS programming a chess game. One night while I was in the lab they thought they had it completed, but when they told the computer "checkmate" the computer moved his king off the board. They'd forgotten to program the edges of the board. :nabble_smiley_angry:

I knew about the site through FTE, but never really got serious about it until it started popping up all over Facebook about all the information here.

Also Gary, I forgot to mention. I work for Ford now, so I have access to as much info as we need about these trucks that FoMoCo still has on hand.

I knew about the site through FTE, but never really got serious about it until it started popping up all over Facebook about all the information here.

Also Gary, I forgot to mention. I work for Ford now, so I have access to as much info as we need about these trucks that FoMoCo still has on hand.

Angelo - Glad to know that the word is getting out. Don't want to have a resource nobody knows about.

As for the Ford documentation, what kinds are we talking about? Sales brochures? Technical info? Shop manuals? Or, maybe even the master parts catalogs? I have the digitized '94 version, and have an '82 and '89 version on microfiche, but if there was an '86 or '87 version available, especially in digital form, I'd love it.

Anyway, what is available? And what of that can we put on the web site?