Bullnose Forums

How Did You Find Us?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck, Jim! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

However, I'm curious why you entitled your intro "How Did You Find Us?" Not that doing so is a problem, it is just curious. But, then, how did you find us? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Nice truck, Jim! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

However, I'm curious why you entitled your intro "How Did You Find Us?" Not that doing so is a problem, it is just curious. But, then, how did you find us? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Live in okc been 3 year project history on truck bought by fireman he passed sit in garage many years then bought buy neighbors dad he passed sit in front of his daughter house over ten years it’s a ranger lariat had a lot of surface rust zero rust underneath and still original paint underneath 68000 miles . Original motor and trans rebuilt all interior put back original update ac breaks redone radiator redone to many things to list .A buddy of mine old body man and I did all prep work for paint sanded to bare metal no signs of any wrecks or body work was original paint paid 500.00 bucks because the title was still in dad’s name they didn’t want to mess with it . Everything works including cruise found your sight when started working on it .I’m older a computer skills are limited hope to figure out how to use site ? Would like to attend your show when is it and thanks for inquiring Jim .

Live in okc been 3 year project history on truck bought by fireman he passed sit in garage many years then bought buy neighbors dad he passed sit in front of his daughter house over ten years it’s a ranger lariat had a lot of surface rust zero rust underneath and still original paint underneath 68000 miles . Original motor and trans rebuilt all interior put back original update ac breaks redone radiator redone to many things to list .A buddy of mine old body man and I did all prep work for paint sanded to bare metal no signs of any wrecks or body work was original paint paid 500.00 bucks because the title was still in dad’s name they didn’t want to mess with it . Everything works including cruise found your sight when started working on it .I’m older a computer skills are limited hope to figure out how to use site ? Would like to attend your show when is it and thanks for inquiring Jim .

OKC? Cool! I've added you to the map.

As for being older, I'm 76 so... :nabble_smiley_wink:

And the show is on Sept 16th. Hope you can make it!

FORD_TRUCK_FLYER_-_2023.thumb.jpg.ec686cf8cbec67e1a02b6f018619a0b4.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, who's gonna tell us their experience with the Eniac? ;)

ENIAC ? When I was a young child, my dad would send me up to the shop that had a tube tester and I tested the TV tubes when our box was on the blink.

I didn’t know you were a computer guy; I knew Gary was and I’ve stumbled across some others out here, reading chatter about programing, IBM XXX, Fortran, Hollerith cards, etc.

Well, on my summer vacation the Army wanted to teach me to become artillery computer repairman. This landed me @ Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland for training. Wouldn’t you know it, there was piece of the ENIAC in the museum there. So, the computer that I was to learn was called the FADAC, Field Artillery Digital Automatic Computer. 200lbs and about the size of a card table, late 50’s technologies, but not fielded until the mid-60’s. The FADAC was a child of the ENIAC, where it also did artillery firing data, for a few weapons of the day, it was all the rage back then.

On another summer vacation, the Army wanted me to learn another computer system, TACFIRE, it was a fire direction center. Well, this took me to Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, where there was another piece of the ENIAC saved.

I read; there are pieces of the ENIAC at the University of Pennsylvania and the Smithsonian as well.

I once took a course; “Intro to Computers”, in the first chapter of whatever book we were using, was the history of the ENIAC.

This concludes my experience with the “Eniac”