Bullnose Forums

Greetings, 1982 F100 owner

Djtorello

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it was Candy Apple Red first, with a Maroon accent. Interesting. Hadn't seen it done that way 'round.

And the CD4 decodes to red cloth and vinyl and a regular cab w/styleside pickup box.

Thank You. I have not seen any maroon and candy red 2 tone variants. I also hope you don't mind my non-ford related avatar, its one of the vehicles i build for my night job.

Hello, mister grant. I have a pretty good idea who you are. I think you are from Connecticut, to Long Island, to Florida, to North Carolina. If i got the right David right. I already have the coverlay, in black, and im thinking going with the maroon and black on the interior, as i have already installed black armrests, and black visors.

As SEM is a good suggestion, my job carries their products, i just gonna have to find a matching color code. Thank you.

I have not lived on L.I. or Fl. but my son has who also goes by David, not a jr.

On the colors the truck came with I dont think I have seen the combo before.

This is candy apple red

20200227_161022.jpg.7e0073280b5bf51c13240bbdecf1fc68.jpg

And this would be the maroon I think

20151219_124941.jpg.3565eb5b706cc05b664ef6a1d7fa7d16.jpg

On the maroon you can see the moldings that part the 2 colors. I dont see that on your truck just the upper molding. It also does not look like it was repainted in the pictures but is also hard to tell but no over spray of maroon in the door jambs.

You have done a lot of work so far keep the pictures coming

Dave ----

ps to give you hope this is what mine started off as

8020Left20Front001.jpg.c100d2434ebb828c8445d2cd73037e34.jpg

Hello, mister grant. I have a pretty good idea who you are. I think you are from Connecticut, to Long Island, to Florida, to North Carolina. If i got the right David right. I already have the coverlay, in black, and im thinking going with the maroon and black on the interior, as i have already installed black armrests, and black visors.

As SEM is a good suggestion, my job carries their products, i just gonna have to find a matching color code. Thank you.

I have not lived on L.I. or Fl. but my son has who also goes by David, not a jr.

On the colors the truck came with I dont think I have seen the combo before.

This is candy apple red

And this would be the maroon I think

On the maroon you can see the moldings that part the 2 colors. I dont see that on your truck just the upper molding. It also does not look like it was repainted in the pictures but is also hard to tell but no over spray of maroon in the door jambs.

You have done a lot of work so far keep the pictures coming

Dave ----

ps to give you hope this is what mine started off as

My apologies, i think i know your son then. There are some signs that the truck was repainted at some point, no idea by who or when.

20211002_113821.thumb.jpg.f9dd71d9b089dee65acfaa6fce14fbf7.jpg

My apologies, i think i know your son then. There are some signs that the truck was repainted at some point, no idea by who or when.

It's all good, my son dose get around to different sites I am also on and having the same first name it is easy to get mixed up.

Yep that would be a sign it was painted at least the lower part of that fender LOL

Any signs of the maroon paint?

Maybe the back of the cab between cab & bed?

I dont have one of the cab but here is the bed from the maroon truck before I cut it up for and floor used on my flare side. The other side of the bed was wrecked from the roll over and why I used it.

This truck was repainted at least 1 time from what I could tell.

20171016_092739.jpg.420dcefb26050cbac7458525e772fbbd.jpg

Dave ----

So, it was Candy Apple Red first, with a Maroon accent. Interesting. Hadn't seen it done that way 'round.

And the CD4 decodes to red cloth and vinyl and a regular cab w/styleside pickup box.

Hello all, I found a 1982 F 100, 300 6 cyl, C6 tranny, 9 in rear, I think it is a base model. It is a one family owner and used as a farm truck. Only options seems to be A/C, front power brakes, P/S and bed mounted spare.It is maroon over silver and pretty straight for a truck that had been sitting for years. No rust I can see. The best part, it has only 43,000 original miles on it. Love this forum and will be reaching out for help and answers to questions.

Hello all, I found a 1982 F 100, 300 6 cyl, C6 tranny, 9 in rear, I think it is a base model. It is a one family owner and used as a farm truck. Only options seems to be A/C, front power brakes, P/S and bed mounted spare.It is maroon over silver and pretty straight for a truck that had been sitting for years. No rust I can see. The best part, it has only 43,000 original miles on it. Love this forum and will be reaching out for help and answers to questions.

Sorry, forgot, I am Mike living in Villa Rica, Ga but from ALABAMA

Sorry, forgot, I am Mike living in Villa Rica, Ga but from ALABAMA

Hello, Mike! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

May I move this into a thread of its own in New Members Start Here? It'll be all yours.

And, may I add you to the map? It is at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

How 'bout a pic or two of your truck?

Hello, Mike! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

May I move this into a thread of its own in New Members Start Here? It'll be all yours.

And, may I add you to the map? It is at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

How 'bout a pic or two of your truck?

yes sir, please add me to the map.