Bullnose Forums

Radiator hold-down brackets - used

Part of me wants to buy these, but part of me also wants to convert to the newer style radiators. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Convert to the newer rad Shaun! The later rads are way cheaper, and far more available. Did you happen to see all the people on FB last year trying to find 80-84 radiators and they were out of stock everywhere? You couldn't buy one at any cost. The 1985-up ones were used right up until 1996, so they're much more common.

Convert to the newer rad Shaun! The later rads are way cheaper, and far more available. Did you happen to see all the people on FB last year trying to find 80-84 radiators and they were out of stock everywhere? You couldn't buy one at any cost. The 1985-up ones were used right up until 1996, so they're much more common.

Amen, brother! And the mounting method is much better.

What the market really needs is a radiator conversion kit, or at the very least an aftermarket set of the lower mounting brackets. They would be a good product for Reamer to make!

Good idea!

Ron - I'm tagging you as you need to see this. See the "85+ Radiator in Earlier Support" tab on the page at Documentation/Cooling System/Radiator Support.

What the market really needs is a radiator conversion kit, or at the very least an aftermarket set of the lower mounting brackets. They would be a good product for Reamer to make!

Good idea!

Ron - I'm tagging you as you need to see this. See the "85+ Radiator in Earlier Support" tab on the page at Documentation/Cooling System/Radiator Support.

I just pulled my radiator 2 weeks ago - '83 F150, AOD, 302. I am having it serviced to find/repair a pinhole leak. Hopefully I get it back all good. I was careful to try and gently remove the rubber isolators and did not manage to break/tear them. However, I did just locate the lower bushings so I may just simply replace them while it's out.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/searchprods.asp?searchstring=E0TZ-8125-B%20E0TZ-8125-D&pagenumber=1

I just pulled my radiator 2 weeks ago - '83 F150, AOD, 302. I am having it serviced to find/repair a pinhole leak. Hopefully I get it back all good. I was careful to try and gently remove the rubber isolators and did not manage to break/tear them. However, I did just locate the lower bushings so I may just simply replace them while it's out.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/searchprods.asp?searchstring=E0TZ-8125-B%20E0TZ-8125-D&pagenumber=1

My truck came with the later radiator wired in place by :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:

My parts truck had the right radiator my no upper clamps so I had to buy used ones from someone parting out a truck.

Thing was when I got them it was missing 1 of the metal support part so I made one, cant tell unless you really look at them.

Dave ----

My radiator support is from an 83 or 84, so it is setup for the older style. I had a rusty 85 core support from one of my parts trucks, but I junked it before I could grab the lower brackets off of it. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Part of me wants to buy these, but part of me also wants to convert to the newer style radiators. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I have a set of these off of mine. Had to convert due to the bambi incident... but the old brackets survived. Rubber supports weren't in bad shape either...

Anybody wants them I'll be happy to send them along.