Bullnose Forums

1984 Tailgate Panel Dimensions

Dabbler

I am looking for the panel to replace the missing one on my tailgate and prefer it to the factory holes where one used to reside. I have a bead on an old one as I am learning what you all have said - unicorns are easier to find. Problem is the guy has a crappy camera and it’s a few hour drive away, (And he doesn’t know what he has as it was in a farm they inherited). Does anyone know, or could I ask someone to measure, the dimensions of the panel as it sits on the tailgate? It would save me driving 3 hours to see a piece the wrong thing😃

Thanks here is a pic of the original.

FAB2BDAD-0E08-4674-8F1C-E921FFF9683D.jpeg.094e96028c8c194f8ad29df3edfc16de.jpeg

• 11 months later...

Fantastic! Thanks for the super quick reply Gary - appreciate it.

Took me long enough but it’s finally done. Not perfect but suits the truck with the odd imperfection. I stripped it down and polished and repaired as best I could. I gave up after months of looking for the black plastic outlines the letters fit into and went to a local automotive striping company and had them cut the letter outlines 3/16” larger than the new chrome letters and also replace the black large stripe and pinstripes around the perimeter. I then installed the letters after drilling out the mount holes to fit new little plugs and I think she looks pretty good.

D8DC61CF-255D-4607-AECC-1E6B7C303678.jpeg.b4d5e12019e9382761a6ef3a81af7cc8.jpeg

Took me long enough but it’s finally done. Not perfect but suits the truck with the odd imperfection. I stripped it down and polished and repaired as best I could. I gave up after months of looking for the black plastic outlines the letters fit into and went to a local automotive striping company and had them cut the letter outlines 3/16” larger than the new chrome letters and also replace the black large stripe and pinstripes around the perimeter. I then installed the letters after drilling out the mount holes to fit new little plugs and I think she looks pretty good.

"pretty good"...... no, that panel looks GREAT!

Really nice job! :nabble_anim_claps: