Bullnose Forums

1985F20 SuperCab "REDRUM"

CRittaler

It's a combination of fog and wildfire smoke. Air quality is "unhealthy" today.

Side note. Glass is in! The glass guy was impressed by the repair quality.

downside is he was only able to get the newer glass, so the VIN window is in the wrong location, but that was how it was with the old glass too.

I need to order replacement clips for the chrome. Had I been thinking I would have done that a while ago, but oh well.

Gary: I'll have a look and see what it says!

Bummer on the "unhealthy" air quality. 🤮

I may have some of the upper windshield clips back in Connecticut.

I know that I don't have any of the lower ones.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a combination of fog and wildfire smoke. Air quality is "unhealthy" today.

Side note. Glass is in! The glass guy was impressed by the repair quality.

downside is he was only able to get the newer glass, so the VIN window is in the wrong location, but that was how it was with the old glass too.

I need to order replacement clips for the chrome. Had I been thinking I would have done that a while ago, but oh well.

Gary: I'll have a look and see what it says!

Obviously you've done a good job on the restoration, and the installer saw that. :nabble_anim_claps:

Bummer on the "unhealthy" air quality. 🤮

I may have some of the upper windshield clips back in Connecticut.

I know that I don't have any of the lower ones.

I was able to find some online. Upper should be here today, lowers sometime next week I think.

I also went ahead and ordered some garage door material and some flashing neoprene adhesive to replace the hood to cowl seal. Those parts should be here today too.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find some online. Upper should be here today, lowers sometime next week I think.

I also went ahead and ordered some garage door material and some flashing neoprene adhesive to replace the hood to cowl seal. Those parts should be here today too.

I was able to do some more work on the F250 over the last little bit. A bunch of small things really.

Installed a new hood to cowl seal using the garage door seal and some flashing urethane sealant. That seems to be holding well so far.

I also jacked it up and discovered that it has a limited slip since both tires rotate the same direction when the transmission is in neutral. I confirmed this by reading the tag on the diff which had the code V127C. This decodes as 10.25 differential with 3.55 gears and LS.

I removed both wheels to check the brakes. The pedal had a lot of travel before sudden and heavy application of braking power.

I found that both drums were poorly adjusted, no drag between the shoes and drum. I didn't even have to slack the adjusters to get the drums off.

312793449_10167164026165077_5504642093543286175_n.thumb.jpg.717efd900843b4683de9538fe03b61af.jpg

312725699_10167164026160077_7651485418168485627_n.thumb.jpg.c78cb8e437fa453094cc831d8d59db90.jpg

312873027_10167164026150077_4932566448463893685_n.thumb.jpg.944e17c09707f0f2e97c04b4502afead.jpg

313260074_10167164026155077_7111295450691498987_n.thumb.jpg.169f003518ea1afa95072f3bb63b1401.jpg

313196628_10167164026170077_6260636499784645562_n.thumb.jpg.733c7c1069119fca3cece7db45092580.jpg

Both sides looked the same, no heavy wear, no noticible lip on the drums.

I put them back together and tightened the adjusters for slight drag on the drums.

I then decided to change the brake fluid. I hooked up my bottle and let each line gravity bleed since I don't have a mighty-vac or a helper.

This is what I got out of the rear circuit.

312213254_10167172986135077_3164031985278691186_n.thumb.jpg.92839fcaab7a4301aaf0204e29abf433.jpg

The fronts were similar.

Next up is to install the windshield clips and trim and once my tattoo heals up some I can get to swapping the output seal on the transfer case.

I was able to do some more work on the F250 over the last little bit. A bunch of small things really.

Installed a new hood to cowl seal using the garage door seal and some flashing urethane sealant. That seems to be holding well so far.

I also jacked it up and discovered that it has a limited slip since both tires rotate the same direction when the transmission is in neutral. I confirmed this by reading the tag on the diff which had the code V127C. This decodes as 10.25 differential with 3.55 gears and LS.

I removed both wheels to check the brakes. The pedal had a lot of travel before sudden and heavy application of braking power.

I found that both drums were poorly adjusted, no drag between the shoes and drum. I didn't even have to slack the adjusters to get the drums off.

I put them back together and tightened the adjusters for slight drag on the drums.

I then decided to change the brake fluid. I hooked up my bottle and let each line gravity bleed since I don't have a mighty-vac or a helper.

The fronts were similar.

Next up is to install the windshield clips and trim and once my tattoo heals up some I can get to swapping the output seal on the transfer case.

Chris! You are really making progress. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Obviously the brakes look good, but the fluid was awful! Glad you flushed it out. :nabble_smiley_good:

Chris! You are really making progress. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Obviously the brakes look good, but the fluid was awful! Glad you flushed it out. :nabble_smiley_good:

You can see through it, and it's not chunky. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

"Not great. Not terrible...."

But good to get those shoes adjusted!

Should have a better pedal and stopping authority now. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 weeks later...

The fronts were similar.

Wrapped up some loose ends on the truck but didn't snap any pictures.

Replaced both fuel cut off relays since they were sticking in the cold.

Cleaned up the backup camera wiring.

Secured the fuel lines to the Fram rail.

Insulated the fuel lines near the driver side manifold.

Replaced the transfer case output seal.

I attempted to put the windshield trim back on, but I just ended up snapping a bunch of the clips. I need to source ones that don't suck.

Then I was finally able to take it for a spin! Had to get a leaking valve stem replaced.

20221113_150126_033d4c6a.jpg.014321db30936343e123163c836c665f.jpg

I still have to calibrate the rear camera and secure the rear view mirror, plus a few small other things.

Wrapped up some loose ends on the truck but didn't snap any pictures.

Replaced both fuel cut off relays since they were sticking in the cold.

Cleaned up the backup camera wiring.

Secured the fuel lines to the Fram rail.

Insulated the fuel lines near the driver side manifold.

Replaced the transfer case output seal.

I attempted to put the windshield trim back on, but I just ended up snapping a bunch of the clips. I need to source ones that don't suck.

Then I was finally able to take it for a spin! Had to get a leaking valve stem replaced.

I still have to calibrate the rear camera and secure the rear view mirror, plus a few small other things.

Sounds like you've got a lot of things knocked off the list!

Progress is Good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Which moulding retainers did you use that are poor?

I think I got mine from Clips and Fasteners.

Sounds like you've got a lot of things knocked off the list!

Progress is Good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Which moulding retainers did you use that are poor?

I think I got mine from Clips and Fasteners.

I bought mine from that jungle website.

Looks like you were crossing the I5 bridge there.