Bullnose Forums

1985F20 SuperCab "REDRUM"

CRittaler

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a bad respray in I don't know what color.

I applied some POR 15 Patch seam sealer to both sides of the drip rails. I let it dry overnight and then sanded all the primer and sealer with 220 grit.

6 cans of spray paint later and i have this.

IMG_20221011_225647_585.thumb.jpg.df72ebe55915e30bba6ccb1853a70049.jpg

IMG_20221011_225629_308.thumb.jpg.c2b26d67c62e6998526344659489a798.jpg

IMG_20221011_225610_358.thumb.jpg.67197d947de3f19d2b28dc1b542b014c.jpg

The rust is treated and covered, now to get on the schedule with the glass guy for a new windshield.

I applied some POR 15 Patch seam sealer to both sides of the drip rails. I let it dry overnight and then sanded all the primer and sealer with 220 grit.

The rust is treated and covered, now to get on the schedule with the glass guy for a new windshield.

Excellent! :nabble_anim_claps:

That's a really big improvement! :nabble_smiley_good:

It will be nice to have the glass back in and the cab weather tight.

Windshield install is booked for Wednesday.

As an aside, I got the steps installed to hopefully make it easier for my wife to get in.

IMG_20221014_185004_(1).thumb.jpg.9f4c4887f4167dea514be720169c0dae.jpg

IMG_20221014_184850_(1).thumb.jpg.6fb4518641c1ec366e2805dcab97f423.jpg

Windshield install is booked for Wednesday.

As an aside, I got the steps installed to hopefully make it easier for my wife to get in.

Today is windshield install day!

I managed to get the truck out of my garage.

First I tried to push it since I pushed it in, but it's been sitting so long with partially deflated tires that it didn't want to roll.

I ended up firing it up and backing it out. This is when I discovered that my power steering leak had taken its toll. all the fluid in the pump was gone. A drip here, a drip there over the course of the last year and I didn't notice it was empty. That made backing out and maneuvering around the Chevy all kinds of fun.

I also discovered that I need to double check the rod in the booster. I have significant pedal travel with nothing happening, then POW, ALL THE BRAKES. Now, it could be that I'm just not used to the brakes on the truck (I have driven it literally 12 miles in 2 years, and the booster was bad.) but I think it's worth checking. I'm also going to dig through the site and see if the pedal travel is defined in the manuals.

But, it's outside. Now I can clean up the garage a bit before pulling it back in to replace the transfercase output seal.

308792695_418594220442139_7586092646694278481_n.thumb.jpg.90773cb5aa1ca3ebcb820bd35f197fac.jpg

308898841_489046239906468_8372318674349890504_n.thumb.jpg.9639d899eef969781cda7cc9633632d6.jpg

First I tried to push it since I pushed it in, but it's been sitting so long with partially deflated tires that it didn't want to roll.

I ended up firing it up and backing it out. This is when I discovered that my power steering leak had taken its toll. all the fluid in the pump was gone. A drip here, a drip there over the course of the last year and I didn't notice it was empty. That made backing out and maneuvering around the Chevy all kinds of fun.

I also discovered that I need to double check the rod in the booster. I have significant pedal travel with nothing happening, then POW, ALL THE BRAKES. Now, it could be that I'm just not used to the brakes on the truck (I have driven it literally 12 miles in 2 years, and the booster was bad.) but I think it's worth checking. I'm also going to dig through the site and see if the pedal travel is defined in the manuals.

But, it's outside. Now I can clean up the garage a bit before pulling it back in to replace the transfercase output seal.

Good deal!

That's a big step. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'd say being out in the sunshine for the first time in XX months (but it looks like you're fogged in)

I hope the windshield installation goes well. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

As for the brakes, I don't remember pedal travel spec's, but they'd probably be in Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then the Overall and General Brake Service tabs.

Good deal!

That's a big step. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'd say being out in the sunshine for the first time in XX months (but it looks like you're fogged in)

It's a combination of fog and wildfire smoke. Air quality is "unhealthy" today.

Side note. Glass is in! The glass guy was impressed by the repair quality.

downside is he was only able to get the newer glass, so the VIN window is in the wrong location, but that was how it was with the old glass too.

309016026_1050491142282633_722370616726415481_n.thumb.jpg.e649b639d5ae11dce692f07acc28cdfb.jpg

I need to order replacement clips for the chrome. Had I been thinking I would have done that a while ago, but oh well.

Gary: I'll have a look and see what it says!