Bullnose Forums

Soon to be Bullnose Owner

chirkware

When are you getting it?

Next few weeks hopefully. I went by and looked it over real good today. The mechanic who currently owns it is gonna put it up to his shop, drop the tranny, and have his guy rebuild it for me. Timing of getting it is just how fast they can get that done. I told him today I'll bring him cash, as I understand he's not going to touch it until he knows its sold. I plan to take him a deposit in the next few days. We've got a good relationship so that should be enough to get the ball rolling.

I was quite happy when I looked it over closer today to see that it's an XLT and had factory AC (even has cruise control on the steering wheel). The seat is just starting to crack on the drivers seat, and the pedals show very little wear, so I'm thinking it doesn't have a ton of miles. Odometer reads 41k, and I'm guessing it just rolled the one time.

Looked up under it and the bed looks solid (I'll be removing the liner once I get it home).

I'll need to replace the tailgate, it has pretty bad rust through at the bottom. Haven't been able to get it to open as the handle is frozen stuck. I applied a nice liberal amount of PB Blaster to it to see if it'll unstick.

Insurance papers I found in the glovebox are from 2005...yeah it's been sitting a while.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you getting it?

Next few weeks hopefully. I went by and looked it over real good today. The mechanic who currently owns it is gonna put it up to his shop, drop the tranny, and have his guy rebuild it for me. Timing of getting it is just how fast they can get that done. I told him today I'll bring him cash, as I understand he's not going to touch it until he knows its sold. I plan to take him a deposit in the next few days. We've got a good relationship so that should be enough to get the ball rolling.

I was quite happy when I looked it over closer today to see that it's an XLT and had factory AC (even has cruise control on the steering wheel). The seat is just starting to crack on the drivers seat, and the pedals show very little wear, so I'm thinking it doesn't have a ton of miles. Odometer reads 41k, and I'm guessing it just rolled the one time.

Looked up under it and the bed looks solid (I'll be removing the liner once I get it home).

I'll need to replace the tailgate, it has pretty bad rust through at the bottom. Haven't been able to get it to open as the handle is frozen stuck. I applied a nice liberal amount of PB Blaster to it to see if it'll unstick.

Insurance papers I found in the glovebox are from 2005...yeah it's been sitting a while.

You will probably find several issues once you start driving it. But they are things you can work through. :nabble_smiley_good:

Found a really “professional” exhaust repair already. 😂

Edit…not sure why the picture posted upside down. 🤷‍♂️

Called the seller yesterday told him I had good news and bad news. Good news was I had the cash in hand to buy the truck. Bad news was I just left the doctor with a positive COVID test, so I couldn't bring him the cash. Doh!

He's fine waiting on the cash since we have a good relationship, and he's gonna pull the transmission next week. I'm fine, I just feel like I have a cold. I honestly went to the doctor thinking I had a sinus and/or ear infection, which would have made sense as I've been working out in the cold a lot at the house after work (I'm slowly building an 8x16 storage shed) over the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, I had gone and looked the truck over some more a couple days ago before committing to the purchase. Here's a walk around I did of the truck. Didn't think to pop the hood for the video unfortunately.

Called the seller yesterday told him I had good news and bad news. Good news was I had the cash in hand to buy the truck. Bad news was I just left the doctor with a positive COVID test, so I couldn't bring him the cash. Doh!

He's fine waiting on the cash since we have a good relationship, and he's gonna pull the transmission next week. I'm fine, I just feel like I have a cold. I honestly went to the doctor thinking I had a sinus and/or ear infection, which would have made sense as I've been working out in the cold a lot at the house after work (I'm slowly building an 8x16 storage shed) over the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, I had gone and looked the truck over some more a couple days ago before committing to the purchase. Here's a walk around I did of the truck. Didn't think to pop the hood for the video unfortunately.

Nice looking truck. A little patina and a little surface rust, but overall pretty good. And I see a cassette player - those are rare.

Let's put your video here to make it easier for folks. I just hit Share on Youtube, copied the "embed" code, clicked the "Embed" button above and then the Embed Codes button, and the pasted the code between the ">" and "<" of the tags.

Nice looking truck. A little patina and a little surface rust, but overall pretty good. And I see a cassette player - those are rare.

Let's put your video here to make it easier for folks. I just hit Share on Youtube, copied the "embed" code, clicked the "Embed" button above and then the Embed Codes button, and the pasted the code between the ">" and "<" of the tags.

Oh yes! Sorry about the COVID! Hope you get well quickly!

Thanks! If they hadn't told me this was covid, I'd have just thought (I did just think) I had a cold or maybe a sinus infection. I'm very blessed that it's very mild for me so far. I know many who were not so lucky. That said, this video was the day before the diagnosis, and, watching it, it sounds like I'm out of breath while taking the video, and I didn't even realize it!

I noticed that cassette player you mentioned but assumed it was aftermarket. Is that factory? Here's a screenshot of it from the video.

4B211FD2-2CB3-4D27-A404-CEAB32A49DC0.thumb.jpeg.46698008e76a5f4d6edafcafe3e9d16b.jpeg

Thanks! If they hadn't told me this was covid, I'd have just thought (I did just think) I had a cold or maybe a sinus infection. I'm very blessed that it's very mild for me so far. I know many who were not so lucky. That said, this video was the day before the diagnosis, and, watching it, it sounds like I'm out of breath while taking the video, and I didn't even realize it!

I noticed that cassette player you mentioned but assumed it was aftermarket. Is that factory? Here's a screenshot of it from the video.

Glad yours is a mild case. Some aren't so lucky. I was just informed today that the owner of the local auto parts store passed away from COVID. I knew David quite well. :nabble_smiley_cry:

You may be right that the stereo is after market. Here's the best shot I can find of the one Ford supplied, and it doesn't look the same:

1986_Stereo.thumb.jpg.86638f843a38a237f350a76e3377e28b.jpg

Glad yours is a mild case. Some aren't so lucky. I was just informed today that the owner of the local auto parts store passed away from COVID. I knew David quite well. :nabble_smiley_cry:

You may be right that the stereo is after market. Here's the best shot I can find of the one Ford supplied, and it doesn't look the same:

Sorry for your friend Gary. I spare a thought for his loved ones and relatives.