Bullnose Forums

83 F150 w/302 A/C compressor manifolds & brackets

shasprey

Hey guys. Building my ac system from scratch. The only thing I’m struggling to find is the brackets and compressor manifolds. I did a quick search and read through lots of posts but didn’t find my answers. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Starting to think those items will be a pull a part type item. Thank you for any help.

That is where my compressor brackets came from for my 300 six.

In my case I also needed from a van as I had my motor a van PS pump on it.

For the manifolds that is the part the hoses screw on to that is bolt to the compressor right?

Being I needed a compressor for a core either way I picked up a compressor from the JY.

In my case I was only able to find them 1 time on Ebay and they were $100 ea +sh

The JY one with manifolds was cheaper.

The only thing you need to know on manifolds & hoses as there are 2 different types, factory service ports and not.

Dave ----

That is where my compressor brackets came from for my 300 six.

In my case I also needed from a van as I had my motor a van PS pump on it.

For the manifolds that is the part the hoses screw on to that is bolt to the compressor right?

Being I needed a compressor for a core either way I picked up a compressor from the JY.

In my case I was only able to find them 1 time on Ebay and they were $100 ea +sh

The JY one with manifolds was cheaper.

The only thing you need to know on manifolds & hoses as there are 2 different types, factory service ports and not.

Dave ----

are you trying to replace all of the dealer ac system with factory or were some pieces missing when you got the truck?

are you trying to replace all of the dealer ac system with factory or were some pieces missing when you got the truck?

Pieces are missing. The condenser and evap core are there. However the previous owner cut the metal lines behind the hoses so they need to be replaced. I've now got a new condenser, evap core, dryer, and ac compressor. I still need the high/low side hoses, compressor manifolds which I think I might have found some, and ac bracket. The truck did come with factory AC as well. I'm just repairing the system and hoping I don't miss anything. My first step will be to get the blower actually blowing.

Pieces are missing. The condenser and evap core are there. However the previous owner cut the metal lines behind the hoses so they need to be replaced. I've now got a new condenser, evap core, dryer, and ac compressor. I still need the high/low side hoses, compressor manifolds which I think I might have found some, and ac bracket. The truck did come with factory AC as well. I'm just repairing the system and hoping I don't miss anything. My first step will be to get the blower actually blowing.

There were hoses that I just could not find to buy when I put my 81's system back together, specifically the 2 that connect to the compressor. I had them made up at a hydraulic hose shop for not too much money, around $140 if I recall correctly.

What style compressor are you using? I have been through 2 York upright compressors and will not have another one. I don't know if it's the fact they have only 2 cylinders, or what. But they both produced a weird harmonic in the belt that stretched it within an few minutes of running it. Then of course it would throw the belt. The oscillations were scary to watch. I don't know how these systems ever worked in the 80's for any amount of time. I guess they did though, and I have 2 duds in a row, or else there is something else fundamentally wrong. If there is, I can't find it. All the pulleys are in alignment, tightened properly, etc.

I have given up on that system, but I'm building a new motor for the truck and it will have the '95 serpentine belt accessories, one of which is a modern multi-cylinder radial type compressor.

There were hoses that I just could not find to buy when I put my 81's system back together, specifically the 2 that connect to the compressor. I had them made up at a hydraulic hose shop for not too much money, around $140 if I recall correctly.

What style compressor are you using? I have been through 2 York upright compressors and will not have another one. I don't know if it's the fact they have only 2 cylinders, or what. But they both produced a weird harmonic in the belt that stretched it within an few minutes of running it. Then of course it would throw the belt. The oscillations were scary to watch. I don't know how these systems ever worked in the 80's for any amount of time. I guess they did though, and I have 2 duds in a row, or else there is something else fundamentally wrong. If there is, I can't find it. All the pulleys are in alignment, tightened properly, etc.

I have given up on that system, but I'm building a new motor for the truck and it will have the '95 serpentine belt accessories, one of which is a modern multi-cylinder radial type compressor.

I’m using the cs-6 compressor. I’ve never had good luck with the York compressors except to use them as an air compressor on a jeep. Rockauto and lmc trucks seem to have the hoses.