Bullnose Forums

Identification plate: Where does it go?

Gary is right. That is a called a "buck" tag. Think of it like your truck's birth certificate. It was originally installed on the edge of the cowl, near the middle. You can see mine hanging in the picture below. I have since moved it to the far right side because I kept hitting it whenever I removed the air cleaner lid:

IMG_1341.jpg.1a993dbdc7a8000e51d62a083495dd54.jpg

Gary is right. That is a called a "buck" tag. Think of it like your truck's birth certificate. It was originally installed on the edge of the cowl, near the middle. You can see mine hanging in the picture below. I have since moved it to the far right side because I kept hitting it whenever I removed the air cleaner lid:

Thanks!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

I'll clean it and put it back.

BTW, possible to post a pict pointing towards the radiator, showing how the fresh air duct connects to it? I found a used "rad-adapter", but cannot figure out how the rectangular duct twists from the snorkel (horizontal) to this rad-connecter (vertical).

Thanks!

614579BF-00B7-4A58-ADB5-5747D41CD333.jpeg.e0a2599cbf920209a285a40a43e090f5.jpeg

Thanks!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

I'll clean it and put it back.

BTW, possible to post a pict pointing towards the radiator, showing how the fresh air duct connects to it? I found a used "rad-adapter", but cannot figure out how the rectangular duct twists from the snorkel (horizontal) to this rad-connecter (vertical).

Thanks!

My parts trucks tag was above the HVAC box

20151220_131837.jpg.cba773aba0f490b34aedbbe0b8a46761.jpg

20160521_150025.jpg.29fa595db4f9363682147adb9cce4bda.jpg

IIRC there is also a tag on the front of the bed that should match I just dont have a picture of it but think I put it back on my bed when I built it.

As for the filter hose to radiator part the part dose the "twist".

20190201_163116.jpg.616aa2d2713db76576b044892e0db5ce.jpg

Mine is a six but would think a v8 would be the same.

It also has a screw to hold it to the support if I remember but also has a bracket to something else just cant remember to where?

Dave ----

There were two buck tags on each truck, or at least there were on the ones that I've looked at. My '84 had it mounted over near the brake booster, partially tucked up under the cowl lip.

On the Flareside beds, I've found them on the passenger side front corner. See below.

IMG_5977_(Medium).jpg.73ae1828685413abdecf82d44f9793fb.jpg

There were two buck tags on each truck, or at least there were on the ones that I've looked at. My '84 had it mounted over near the brake booster, partially tucked up under the cowl lip.

On the Flareside beds, I've found them on the passenger side front corner. See below.

Think thats where mine was and where I put it back if I remember.

I also think I used all the tags from the flare side so it matches and the others are in my parts bins

Dave ----

Corey - Don't forget the one on the radiator support. I think that makes three.