Bullnose Forums

1985 f150 5.0 engine OD auto trans

my question is not so much about what is or is not wrong but what are you use to?

do the brakes seem to work well?

Welcome

I dont have an auto truck but if you measure from the pedal to the floor, carpet or rubber mat?, maybe someone can measure theirs to compare.

Power or manual brakes?

Any work done to the brake system that you know of?

There are a few things I am thinking of but want to hear what you are working with before I throw them out here and :nabble_anim_crazy: people.

Dave ----

Welcome, Lenny! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Fourum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you if we had a city/state or zip.

On the brake pedal, I'm not sure I understand. Is the pedal too high or too low?

pedal is too high had a close call in panic situation my foot hit the side of the brake just managed to avoid a collision //need to drop thepedal closer to the floorboard

pedal is too high had a close call in panic situation my foot hit the side of the brake just managed to avoid a collision //need to drop thepedal closer to the floorboard

this is a power brake with auto trans i live in N.H. and am a fan of these trucks in the past i owned and restored a 1961 uni body 6 cyl std trans --great little truck wishing i had no sold it

this is a power brake with auto trans i live in N.H. and am a fan of these trucks in the past i owned and restored a 1961 uni body 6 cyl std trans --great little truck wishing i had no sold it

Lenny im glad it was just a close. call an eye opener im sure. when i get to the shop i will see if i can get some measurements for adjusability from lefty, an 83 f100 i brought in last month.