Bullnose Forums

Name Change - The Bullnose Bible?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Back in 2016, over on another forum, Cienega32 said he's calling our website the Bullnose Bible. As I said at the time, I like the term.

I recently mentioned it to someone, and then got to wondering if anyone else was using it. A Google search proved that they aren't. So I just temporarily changed the name from "Gary's Garagemahal" to "Bullnose Bible". (It is a very simple change and I can easily put it back.)

But, I'd like your thoughts on it. And toward that end, I've created a poll. Please vote as well as tell me in words what you think.

Note that this only changes what shows at the top of the page. It does not change the URL. And it does not change the name of the forum - Bullnose Enthusiasts.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I appreciate that 4 of y'all have voted, and so far 100% for Bullnose Bible, no one has commented as to why. Comments are not required, but they might be helpful for others to understand your thinking and, therefore, sway your vote.

My thinking:

• Gary's Garagemahal doesn't explain what the site is all about - Bullnose documentation. Plus, it sounds "highfalutin", and that seems at odds with "old trucks". But my shop can still be the Garagemahal.

• Bullnose Bible explains what the site is mainly about - documentation for Bullnose trucks.

And, by the way, I haven't voted.

While I appreciate that 4 of y'all have voted, and so far 100% for Bullnose Bible, no one has commented as to why. Comments are not required, but they might be helpful for others to understand your thinking and, therefore, sway your vote.

My thinking:

• Gary's Garagemahal doesn't explain what the site is all about - Bullnose documentation. Plus, it sounds "highfalutin", and that seems at odds with "old trucks". But my shop can still be the Garagemahal.

• Bullnose Bible explains what the site is mainly about - documentation for Bullnose trucks.

And, by the way, I haven't voted.

My thinking was basically what you said. It’s more descriptive. For the first time visitor who does not know who Gary is, or the story of the Garagemahal, it is also easier to remember and easier to tell others about. It also sets a nice tone for helping one another 🙂

I voted Gary's Garagemahal. I like it because it's the original name.

I found your website and FTE, and I don't recall hearing the term Bullnose, Bricknose or Aeronose.

My vote and input, but your site, do as you see fit. I'll enjoy!

I found your website and FTE, and I don't recall hearing the term Bullnose, Bricknose or Aeronose.

:nabble_smiley_happy:W:nabble_anim_crazy:ith all the info you have put together it is like a bible,to us bullnose owners oh great one i will make a sacrifice to the great bullnose god lol

:nabble_smiley_happy:W:nabble_anim_crazy:ith all the info you have put together it is like a bible,to us bullnose owners oh great one i will make a sacrifice to the great bullnose god lol

Farmboy60 - I know you meant that in jest, but just to be clear, the Oxford Dictionary says that "bible" means several things, and one of them is:

1.3 informal: A book regarded as authoritative in a particular sphere.

And that, the informal definition, is the one I'm using.

I also went with Gary's but not so much because of the original name but who knows our year / body style truck as a Bull Nose?

I did not till I was on the other site and I have been around them when they were factory new.

I also think there has been some talk of the same on the other site, why are they called Bull Nose?

So take someone that knows vary little of fixing cars/trucks and you call it a Bull Nose how would they find the site?

I think when I was looking for information on mine I Google the year & model but was almost 3 years ago now.

Ford pick up's 80 - 86, aka Bull Nose @ Gary's Garagemahal.com

Dave ----

Farmboy60 - I know you meant that in jest, but just to be clear, the Oxford Dictionary says that "bible" means several things, and one of them is:

1.3 informal: A book regarded as authoritative in a particular sphere.

And that, the informal definition, is the one I'm using.

I agree with that train of thought which is why I voted for it. It is rapidly becoming the "go to" resource for information on the 1980-86 trucks.

I also went with Gary's but not so much because of the original name but who knows our year / body style truck as a Bull Nose?

I did not till I was on the other site and I have been around them when they were factory new.

I also think there has been some talk of the same on the other site, why are they called Bull Nose?

So take someone that knows vary little of fixing cars/trucks and you call it a Bull Nose how would they find the site?

I think when I was looking for information on mine I Google the year & model but was almost 3 years ago now.

Ford pick up's 80 - 86, aka Bull Nose @ Gary's Garagemahal.com

Dave ----

Dave - The origins of the Bullnose moniker are documented on the Bullnose FAQ's page on the Origin Of "Bullnose" tab - right here in the Bullnose Bible/Gary's Garagemahal. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Dave - The origins of the Bullnose moniker are documented on the Bullnose FAQ's page on the Origin Of "Bullnose" tab - right here in the Bullnose Bible/Gary's Garagemahal. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

It was in jest gary, here in the east you say bullnose they know its a 1980 to 85 ford just saying, from the movie black mass:nabble_anim_working: