Bullnose Forums

What fan shroud do I need?

61uni

Your pic shows that the core is 1 1/2" in from the edge, so assuming that the other side is the same your core is probably 29" wide. Our page at Documentation/Cooling Systems/Shroud Part #'s there are two that come pretty close to that - one for the 300 six and one for the 460. But they differ in height and bolt hole spacing.

So, where I you I'd go to that page and compare the dimensions to your radiator's height, width, and bolt hole spacing and pick the one that comes closest to matching.

Your pic shows that the core is 1 1/2" in from the edge, so assuming that the other side is the same your core is probably 29" wide. Our page at Documentation/Cooling Systems/Shroud Part #'s there are two that come pretty close to that - one for the 300 six and one for the 460. But they differ in height and bolt hole spacing.

So, where I you I'd go to that page and compare the dimensions to your radiator's height, width, and bolt hole spacing and pick the one that comes closest to matching.

You have to watch as the openings maybe off set between motors.

This I think was for a 90's truck with a 300 six that I found was close to the one I needed for my 81 F100 with a 300.

20181221_130444.jpg.e5889a0af5dedf91f893c4b42fd6d1b8.jpg

I had to trim about a 1/4" off each side for it to sit down on the core.

20181221_144222.jpg.4f0357c3d79648a45100fe0dc834e83e.jpg

I would say stay with a v8 shroud so the opening stays some what where it needs to be.

Dave ----

You have to watch as the openings maybe off set between motors.

This I think was for a 90's truck with a 300 six that I found was close to the one I needed for my 81 F100 with a 300.

I had to trim about a 1/4" off each side for it to sit down on the core.

I would say stay with a v8 shroud so the opening stays some what where it needs to be.

Dave ----

Good point about the offset on the 300's shroud. :nabble_smiley_good: