Bullnose Forums

"Rocky" - 1981 F250 Restoration

taskswap

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a pic with the filters in place?

And glad the forum is helping. :nabble_smiley_good:

I ordered the cool whites. I'll play with them with the filters both on and off, but expect I'll probably remove the filters especially behind the climate control unit.

No real progress today. I'm behind on a work project so I'm jamming to get some things done before tomorrow. Hope y'all are having a good week.

I ordered the cool whites. I'll play with them with the filters both on and off, but expect I'll probably remove the filters especially behind the climate control unit.

No real progress today. I'm behind on a work project so I'm jamming to get some things done before tomorrow. Hope y'all are having a good week.

I think you'll like the cool whites w/o the filters. That setup isn't quite "factory", but I was never really enamored with Ford's "blue" look. I like my gauges easily readable and the cool whites did that for me.

Yes, I'm having a good week. Ran all over Tulsa today to find what my wife wanted for her sewing room - a Husky adjustable-height work table and a shelving unit. They didn't have them in the stores that said they did, but we eventually found them, got them loaded up, brought them home, unloaded them, and got them not only upstairs but put together. She's happy, and I'm happy and tired. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I think you'll like the cool whites w/o the filters. That setup isn't quite "factory", but I was never really enamored with Ford's "blue" look. I like my gauges easily readable and the cool whites did that for me.

Yes, I'm having a good week. Ran all over Tulsa today to find what my wife wanted for her sewing room - a Husky adjustable-height work table and a shelving unit. They didn't have them in the stores that said they did, but we eventually found them, got them loaded up, brought them home, unloaded them, and got them not only upstairs but put together. She's happy, and I'm happy and tired. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I like the blue! Mind you, blue is my fav color…. Back in the day I had a red Fiat Uno, I changed all the interior lighting to blue!

I like the blue! Mind you, blue is my fav color…. Back in the day I had a red Fiat Uno, I changed all the interior lighting to blue!

Blue is my fav color, but I like legibility even better, and the white does that for me.

Uno? Saw lots of those when we lived in the UK. Never drove one. Did drive a 2CV and an early Mini though, in addition to the Nissan Prairie we owned. All manual transmissions, which required attention with the left hand at the worst possible times, like in the middle of a roundabout when I was concentrating on making it through alive. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Blue is my fav color, but I like legibility even better, and the white does that for me.

Uno? Saw lots of those when we lived in the UK. Never drove one. Did drive a 2CV and an early Mini though, in addition to the Nissan Prairie we owned. All manual transmissions, which required attention with the left hand at the worst possible times, like in the middle of a roundabout when I was concentrating on making it through alive. :nabble_smiley_scared:

My favorite is actually orange, which nobody seems to want for instrument panels anymore. :nabble_smiley_grin: I actually "like" the dim, retro look of factory lights believe it or not. When I drive at night in a modern car I usually turn the dash lighting down to its lowest dimmer setting because I hate strong lights distracting me from the road. But I've always been light sensitive.

Honestly the main reason I want the white LEDs is almost silly but important to me. I posted this in another thread but I'm remaking (or trying to) my faceplate for my climate control. My faceplate is cracked and scratched worse than I've been able to buff out, and I have that ARA after-market A/C system so finding replacements has been impossible. So I'm having the acrylic piece laser-cut and printing this design on a transparency sheet to see how it all works:

Screen_Shot_2021-12-06_at_7.png.8e78ed0a93aa00d03a3a4e965ea79cc9.png

Some of those colors wouldn't look right with a blue light behind them. They need a white backlight.

I feel like I'm in limbo for the project. Literally everything I need to do next is waiting on something in the mail! Hopefully tomorrow I can get back into it.

My favorite is actually orange, which nobody seems to want for instrument panels anymore. :nabble_smiley_grin: I actually "like" the dim, retro look of factory lights believe it or not. When I drive at night in a modern car I usually turn the dash lighting down to its lowest dimmer setting because I hate strong lights distracting me from the road. But I've always been light sensitive.

Honestly the main reason I want the white LEDs is almost silly but important to me. I posted this in another thread but I'm remaking (or trying to) my faceplate for my climate control. My faceplate is cracked and scratched worse than I've been able to buff out, and I have that ARA after-market A/C system so finding replacements has been impossible. So I'm having the acrylic piece laser-cut and printing this design on a transparency sheet to see how it all works:

Some of those colors wouldn't look right with a blue light behind them. They need a white backlight.

I feel like I'm in limbo for the project. Literally everything I need to do next is waiting on something in the mail! Hopefully tomorrow I can get back into it.

Orange might be close enough to red to not impact your night vision.

But you are right that white will work best with your HVAC controls. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hope you start getting things in the mail, soon! It is no fun to be hung up waiting on someone else. (My new rear view mirror/camera system doesn't come in until Tuesday.)

Hope you start getting things in the mail, soon! It is no fun to be hung up waiting on someone else. (My new rear view mirror/camera system doesn't come in until Tuesday.)

I think I'm going to have a busy weekend. :) A bunch of things are scheduled to arrive over the next few days.

Looking forward to feedback on your camera system. I went a different route. I really liked the look of the repro chrome rearview mirror LMC has so I went with that - I'm in some kind of "chrome everywhere" mood. But I'm going to be using this truck mostly with a slide-in camper where backing up is definitely a good place to have a camera. So I went with one of those $99 license plate cameras, the ones that just display on your cell phone. I'm already used to bringing out "extra devices" when we tow our fifth-wheel so I think it'll be fine, I only need it for a few minutes a trip. We'll see how it goes...

I think I'm going to have a busy weekend. :) A bunch of things are scheduled to arrive over the next few days.

Looking forward to feedback on your camera system. I went a different route. I really liked the look of the repro chrome rearview mirror LMC has so I went with that - I'm in some kind of "chrome everywhere" mood. But I'm going to be using this truck mostly with a slide-in camper where backing up is definitely a good place to have a camera. So I went with one of those $99 license plate cameras, the ones that just display on your cell phone. I'm already used to bringing out "extra devices" when we tow our fifth-wheel so I think it'll be fine, I only need it for a few minutes a trip. We'll see how it goes...

For $230 inc tax you can have what I'm getting:

• 12" mirror with full-width display

• Waterproof rear camera that automatically shows on the mirror when you shift into reverse

• Front camera that goes on the inside of the windshield

• GPS antenna that records where the truck goes on the included memory card

• Continual recording, with the last 30 seconds of the file saved in case of an accident

Does your $99 camera do that? :nabble_smiley_evil: