Recommendations On Tire Steps?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Bruce. :nabble_smiley_good:

Didn't realize that Etrailer is in MO. Cool. And I think either one of those would work. They aren't quite 20" wide, but close enough given the set back/out of the step from the vertical arm. I think they'd clear the hub.

Hi Gary. My wife picked one up for me a few years ago. I use it all the time. I'm sure it was from Amazon. I'll check it for brand tomorrow and post back here.

Mark - Thanks! That one looks really good as well. And it works well for you? That's what I was looking for.

Yes. It stows neatly behind the seat and makes an easy reach to the more central parts of the engine bay.

I'm 6' 1" when my wife is critiquing my posture and 185#, it's rated for 400. I wear a 13. 5 boot and the step is wide and deep. I did put a few strips of traction tape in the middle and front edge for wet & muddy sole days, but not sure it really needed it with the louvered surface.

'Much better than the 5 gallon bucket I'd never admit to using in mixed company.

Yes. It stows neatly behind the seat and makes an easy reach to the more central parts of the engine bay.

I'm 6' 1" when my wife is critiquing my posture and 185#, it's rated for 400. I wear a 13. 5 boot and the step is wide and deep. I did put a few strips of traction tape in the middle and front edge for wet & muddy sole days, but not sure it really needed it with the louvered surface.

'Much better than the 5 gallon bucket I'd never admit to using in mixed company.

I understand about the height. I used to be 6', but aren't quite any more. However, I'm closer to it after Janey reminds me to "stand up straight". :nabble_smiley_cry:

And I used to be 13 stone. But I think I may have picked up another rock or two in the last year. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, a 5 gallon bucket is worse than my step stand. They are looking for any possible way to get out from under you. Glad you got the tire step. And glad you mentioned it. :nabble_smiley_good:

I understand about the height. I used to be 6', but aren't quite any more. However, I'm closer to it after Janey reminds me to "stand up straight". :nabble_smiley_cry:

And I used to be 13 stone. But I think I may have picked up another rock or two in the last year. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, a 5 gallon bucket is worse than my step stand. They are looking for any possible way to get out from under you. Glad you got the tire step. And glad you mentioned it. :nabble_smiley_good:

I think I got mine from harbor freight but I cant find it on the site?

I also dont know if its marked who makes it.

I am onthe high side of 260# and I feel it is safe for me.

The other day it took me 10 min to find it, it folds up and it was tucked away and hard to see.

Dave ----

I think I got mine from harbor freight but I cant find it on the site?

I also dont know if its marked who makes it.

I am onthe high side of 260# and I feel it is safe for me.

The other day it took me 10 min to find it, it folds up and it was tucked away and hard to see.

Dave ----

Dave - I can't find it on HF's site either. I get '"tire step" returned 0 results' when I search. :nabble_anim_confused:

But thanks anyway.

I would also consider a topside creeper. Mechanics in Texas use them often because so many pickups are lifted, or at least leveled.

https://engine.presearch.org/search?q=topside+creeper

Personally, my boys and I have height privilege, which helps a lot. And a sturdy front bumper with a ledge, on which to stand.

Thanks. That Topside Creeper looks good. Wish I'd have had that installing the many bits on the engine, particularly the oil pressure switch on the back of the engine and the fuel pressure regulators.

However, I do have a flat front bumper - the Warn winch one - and I can stand on it. But the chrome there is getting very thin so I use towels on it when I do. And the winch itself is right in the middle so is in the way. However, when doing the EFI system I could easily pull the winch and have a decent place to stand.

I'll consider the Topside Creeper. But for taking with me on trips the wheel step fits the bill.