Bullnose Forums

Exhaust pipe & Rear Splash Guard Flap proximity

Hi people!

Somebody has a solution?

Exhaust pipe and RH mud flap are too close, and the flap tends to "melt".

As far as I remember, I always had this issue with BigBrother.

Maybe there are some moulded and rigid flaps (so they could be more vertical and distanced from the pipe) but I didn't find any that fit our trucks years.

Flexible flaps follow the angle of the fender's contour, which results in an "angled" position.

Thanks for suggestions!

When you find a solution, please let me know. Darth destroyed the right side not long after I bought him on a run to Centre Hall PA towing our 30 ft 5th wheel from Newport News VA.

I sure don't know. Haven't run mud flaps, ever.

Could you put an insulating piece on the tail pipe? It wouldn't look very good, but....

I sure don't know. Haven't run mud flaps, ever.

Could you put an insulating piece on the tail pipe? It wouldn't look very good, but....

A little header wrap could make it look “ race-ready”

Seriously though all i can think of would be some type of diagonal bracket much like the ones from the bed braces to the fender edge

Thanks for suggestions, I'll study the question!

:nabble_smiley_beam:

On big rigs to keep the flaps from flapping they make cages that hold the flap from moving.

I Google it and comes up as Anti Sail mud flap brackets.

https://www.google.com/search?q=semi+truck+mud+flap+anti+sail&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS571US571&ei=FueaYfH5MaKyytMPtqitkAs&oq=semi+truck+mud+flap+&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYCTIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjoHCAAQRxCwA0oECEEYAFCXB1jqGmDxU2gBcAJ4AIABeYgB-AySAQQxMS42mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

I dont know if you could make something like this work?

Dave ----

Wow, that's a pretty good lead! I'll check at it, if something with proper dimensions is available.

Many thanks!

:nabble_anim_claps: