Bullnose Forum

New Coolant/Washer Reservoir?

Gary Lewis

What sort of adapting did you have to do to make it fit?

I know the question is for Frogger, and I'm interested in what he tells us. But I found that the tabs that hold the reservoir to the fender are about 1" farther apart than on the Bullnose reservoirs. So I had to make a whole new bracket for mine as I have it mounted on the passenger's fender.

What sort of adapting did you have to do to make it fit?

It has been a couple of years since i installed it. Going by memory the top holes were further apart. Had to drill a new hole for the mounting location on the core support side. I used a 1/4-20 nutzert. There is a mounting tab on the bottom of the resoiver that had to have a small mod to. Do not remember what it was.

It has been a couple of years since i installed it. Going by memory the top holes were further apart. Had to drill a new hole for the mounting location on the core support side. I used a 1/4-20 nutzert. There is a mounting tab on the bottom of the resoiver that had to have a small mod to. Do not remember what it was.

Since I have the '85 and '90 reservoirs I thought I'd get some pics and measurements.

First, a view of the bottom with various things called out:

• Red ovals show where the pin/tab is that locates the reservoir on the bottom

• Green arrows show where the inlets are from the radiator

• Blue arrows show where the discharges are for the washer pump

1985_vs_1990_Reservoirs_-_Bottom.thumb.jpg.0c4621cec23ae045e90e5a6cc380fcc4.jpg

Next, an end view:

1985_vs_1990_Reservoirs_-_End.thumb.jpg.baeb968975deba838f40b85e329de2a0.jpg

Last, the measurements, and the one on the right shows the holes in the tabs are ~1" farther apart on the later reservoir:

Measurements_Snag.jpg.7c9dbc9986fa21e5749127fa039b148c.jpg1985_vs_1990_Reservoirs_-_Tab_Difference.thumb.jpg.095af44e859559a9bfa985fd787155b2.jpg