Bullnose Forums

New Coolant/Washer Reservoir?

Gary Lewis

I had someone ask me where to get a new '85/86 coolant/washer reservoir, and I couldn't find one at the normal places. Many say they have it but what they show in the pic is the 1980 - 84 unit where the hose goes in a hole in the top.

But I thought someone on here posted that he'd recently bought one, and I cannot find the post. Help! Do you know where to find one? Do you know where that post is?

No, that's the older style, albeit a good looking re-pop, though.

Dane - The one at Dennis Carpenter, shown below, appears to be the 1980-84 version where the hose goes in via the hole at the top. What that person is looking for is the 1985-86 version where the hose goes onto a fitting at the bottom.

And yes, we have a page on them, and you can see the part number of E5TZ 17618-A, but I can't find one to purchase.

big_D8BZ-17618-A.jpg.91df9ee705e399b8f0e0002d77075f9d.jpg

Dane - The one at Dennis Carpenter, shown below, appears to be the 1980-84 version where the hose goes in via the hole at the top. What that person is looking for is the 1985-86 version where the hose goes onto a fitting at the bottom.

And yes, we have a page on them, and you can see the part number of E5TZ 17618-A, but I can't find one to purchase.

That’s right. Must be junkyard only now.

On the recent one you mentioned, I remember that, (for what that’s worth!), weren’t they able to clean up the one they had?

I installed one from a 87-96 F150. Had to a little adapting but looks and works good. Picked it up off of ebay.

John cleaned his up. Not sure who else did.

As for the later version, I put one of those in Big Blue since they are sealed at the top and I was losing coolant on the rough and steep Jeep roads. Fixed that problem. But it did take some adapting - especially since mine is on the passenger's side.