Bullnose Forums

Bent Crossmember

I need some help locating a good straight front crossmember for my F150, as you can see, mine is pretty bent up, I have seen a few like this on other trucks, and I think it's from people trying to jack up their trucks, or trying to tow them from this crossmember. None of the junkyards up here in Ontario keep anything older than about 20 years. If anyone has one that they would like to sell, let me know!

Thanks!bent_crossmember.thumb.jpg.8e5464c32d7b40900e09cd758c55b280.jpg

lol, I think this poor truck definitely had found some Dorks in its past!

very often that is also the front sway bar mount. i just used the last one i had on hand but i could probably source one fairly easily here in tn. but that's no where close to ontario.

Hi Jeff,

Where in Ontario are you? I may have three of those, all of which are still attached to their trucks. Unfortunately I'm not sure I have time to pull any of them before spring but if you're in driving distance of NW ON we may be able to work something out.

I know what you mean about the scrapyards... That's why I started buying old hulks I could see in people's yards. But now my wife has something to say about that lol

Cheers!

Jeff,

Mine is slightly bent (caused by me many years ago with a chain and trying to get HBF out of the mud…so, yep, I’m that guy!!!)

I have been looking for a “front tow hitch” that could replace that cross bar. I suspect one of those universal tow bars that expands width-wise and has multiple mounting holes might be a reasonable replacement/option.

I haven’t been able to find anything specific for a Bullnose front hitch in the aftermarket world. And, on this website, it seems that a couple of folks have fabricated their own.

Just my two unsolicited cents on your situation!

Jeff,

Mine is slightly bent (caused by me many years ago with a chain and trying to get HBF out of the mud…so, yep, I’m that guy!!!)

I have been looking for a “front tow hitch” that could replace that cross bar. I suspect one of those universal tow bars that expands width-wise and has multiple mounting holes might be a reasonable replacement/option.

I haven’t been able to find anything specific for a Bullnose front hitch in the aftermarket world. And, on this website, it seems that a couple of folks have fabricated their own.

Just my two unsolicited cents on your situation!

Mine was also bent but my parts truck was not or not as much so I used it.

20151229_180005.thumb.jpg.5c308bd624af8282c2e374928377793f.jpg

Dave ----

Hi Jeff,

Where in Ontario are you? I may have three of those, all of which are still attached to their trucks. Unfortunately I'm not sure I have time to pull any of them before spring but if you're in driving distance of NW ON we may be able to work something out.

I know what you mean about the scrapyards... That's why I started buying old hulks I could see in people's yards. But now my wife has something to say about that lol

Cheers!

I am in Bracebridge.