Bullnose Forums

New to the Forum 83 F100

Cptjoe1029

Hey all. Just picked up what appears to be a very clean 83 F100. I believe it’s a 300 with a manual 4 speed. My plans are to just fix a few small leaks, get the ac/heat functional, and try to put the bench back in it. It runs and drives but I suspect there are som carb issues as it is rough, pops through the carb, and only gets 10 mpg. Look forward to any assistance. 751DBA7B-D4C0-46FC-ACCA-AED1CD780CA2.thumb.jpeg.2b0206bb547674a0f7b469b1ad63a387.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Beautiful truck! I posted the pic so all could see w/o clicking on a link, which is really a scary thing to do in a newbie's post. But I chanced it, and the reason you couldn't post it is that it is too big. It is over 1Mb, but I just clicked the "Big" button in the Resize option column and there it is.

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a city/state or zip.

Popping through the carb, poor idle, and low MPG might be caused by a leaking accelerator pump in the Carter 1bbl carb. When they leak it allows extra fuel to go right into the intake and the rich mix those symptoms.

751DBA7B-D4C0-46FC-ACCA-AED1CD780CA2.jpeg.246b68fd66f4a7ca0b8d863dcc2e7964.jpeg

Welcome!

Welcome

Another flare side owner :nabble_anim_jump:

as Gary asked "where's home" so you can be added to the map and you can then see if there are any other members close by.

Once you are "let in" Post in the main area or better under projects and we can help answer questions you have.

BTW mine also has a 300 six and a 4sp, granny first gear, as they did have a 3sp with 4th being over drive, what transmission do you have?

edit I forgot nice looking truck

Dave ----

• 4 weeks later...