Bullnose Forums

Tailgate bumpers [E0TZ-99439A00-B] - NOS

Well, that's interesting. If I read the catalog correctly these fit the 1980 - 85 trucks. But there is a different bumper for 1987 and later. However, there is no tailgate bumper for the 1986 trucks. :nabble_smiley_oh: (Of course, the MPC is never wrong, so we just learned something no one else knows! :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Tailgate_Bumpers.thumb.jpg.2205db6061d138372d39c8aa153c90c8.jpg

Well, that's interesting. If I read the catalog correctly these fit the 1980 - 85 trucks. But there is a different bumper for 1987 and later. However, there is no tailgate bumper for the 1986 trucks. :nabble_smiley_oh: (Of course, the MPC is never wrong, so we just learned something no one else knows! :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Did you not post it or it's not listed, but I don't see any for a flare side :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

They don't show in the MPC for some reason. But on the Tailgates and then Illustrations tabs on the page at Documentation/Exterior/BEDS, TAILGATES, & COMPONENTS we have this:

Great question, Dave. I've scratched my head over that a few times and never ordered one because I wasn't sure it was the right one for a FS- thanks, Gary!

Great question, Dave. I've scratched my head over that a few times and never ordered one because I wasn't sure it was the right one for a FS- thanks, Gary!

I was just being a little :nabble_smiley_evil:

as I knew the ones shown were not for the FS

I dont remember where I got mine from maybe LMC?

I did have to use weather strip glue to hold the rubber strips, that is all they are, in.

And if you are looking for something for the chains I used a bike tire tube cut to size.

I have enough left over to do 3 more pairs LOL

I added a hole at the bottom for water to drain out.

Dave ----

Welcome. Sure good to see you on line again. Hope things are well with you.

I've been poking my (bull) nose in and out of the Garagemahal since the beginning of the year during my travels for pandemic support and a couple contracts over the summer supporting fire camps. It's been great to see the list grow, and with it, the great contributions.

'Son and daughters used the Sad Ox while I was away for camping and surfing and a couple of moves back to school. I've got some winter projects planned for the bed and interior. I figured out how to get a 13ft kayak into a short bed, too.

Dave- I knew you were having fun, but as always, Gary rose to the challenge! I like the chain cover idea- thanks. I've always used vinyl tubing and it gets cloudy or yellow pretty fast.

It's good to be back home.

It_fits_boat_sits.jpg.d5f131e50853648bb85e36e14fdf49e3.jpg

I've been poking my (bull) nose in and out of the Garagemahal since the beginning of the year during my travels for pandemic support and a couple contracts over the summer supporting fire camps. It's been great to see the list grow, and with it, the great contributions.

'Son and daughters used the Sad Ox while I was away for camping and surfing and a couple of moves back to school. I've got some winter projects planned for the bed and interior. I figured out how to get a 13ft kayak into a short bed, too.

Dave- I knew you were having fun, but as always, Gary rose to the challenge! I like the chain cover idea- thanks. I've always used vinyl tubing and it gets cloudy or yellow pretty fast.

It's good to be back home.

Welcome back!

And it is great to see that your kids were able to use the truck while you were gone.